IL ALT 4

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL ALT 4

Postby pschmidt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Coach, do I need to provide 3' access to bookcases (or any furniture) beyond the door clear floor space (CR)?
Anything else you see?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pschmidt

Re: IL ALT 4

Postby Coach » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 pm

pschmidt wrote:Coach, do I need to provide 3' access to bookcases (or any furniture) beyond the door clear floor space (CR)?

No. But you do need 3' from the end of a door to any furniture/equipment facing it.

RBO would be a lot cleaner and easier if you mirror the desk and put JO door on south wall. And, JO would work a lot better with chairs, table and bookcase on north wall with credenza on south wall.
I would not place posture chairs facing tables; however, do provide space in front of tables as if chairs were there. With what you've got, I would move lateral to front of east desk, turn south posture with back to wall, and move other posture to current lateral location.
LCR/SO door is a problem. No easy solution as layed out, but you have extra space in CR to make LCR longer.

Coach
Site Admin

Re: IL ALT 4

Postby Bebop » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 am

Generally speaking, would it help to group doors, so they share the same clear floor area? I could see a version of this where LCR, SO, and JO doors are all off that little alcove you've created. Not sure if that would help.
Bebop

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN