BL Alternate

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL Alternate

Postby jponitz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Testing tomorrow; this is my final practice layout. This is the Community Library alternate and I had to substitute some room labels from the default program, so I'm not expecting any general comments. BUT a couple specific questions coming from this:

1) I had to take out a tree on the north elevation--I stayed within the building limit line, but still overlap the canopy. The program doesn't say that all trees are to remain, but is this a problem?

2) On the 2nd floor, LM is supposed to be "near" both SO and the BR; I tried my best to split the difference using the doors, but is this near enough?

BL-0619-ALT-02.jpg

BL-0619-ALT-01.jpg

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jponitz

Re: BL Alternate

Postby Coach » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 pm

jponitz wrote:1) I had to take out a tree on the north elevation--I stayed within the building limit line, but still overlap the canopy. The program doesn't say that all trees are to remain, but is this a problem?

I doubt that you will encounter a site with trees anywhere near the BLL. If trees are an issue the program will tell you.

2) On the 2nd floor, LM is supposed to be "near" both SO and the BR; I tried my best to split the difference using the doors, but is this near enough?

That works. I would probably place a door at each end of LM.

L proportions weak.
Move W door north to improve control.
Move CR door east.
Dbl check S area. Looks undersized.
Easy pass as is if S is OK.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN