BL_Dorf_Scheme2

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL_Dorf_Scheme2

Postby amathieu » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:54 pm

I have a few questions about this one:
1. Is the elevator location acceptable? Should I try to have it more towards the center of the building?
2. Does receiving REC need to be accessed from the interior corridor?
3. What is the difference between "near" and "convenient to"? Is my K convenient to M? My rule of thumb has been to make them as close as possible, within 20 feet.
4. Could I have had access to KIT through BO, eliminating the extra corridor? Same for V through W?
5. W required a view to MP, is the interior window at MP acceptable, or does the program imply a view to the door of MP?

I know my corridor is long, but the total area is still under 25% of the program. Any other comments welcome, thanks Coach. Test is Friday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amathieu

Re: BL_Dorf_Scheme2

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:35 am

I don't usually comment on the alt, but...
amathieu wrote:
1. Is the elevator location acceptable? Should I try to have it more towards the center of the building?

Not necessary.

2. Does receiving REC need to be accessed from the interior corridor?

If the code is like ncarb's, yes.

3. What is the difference between "near" and "convenient to"?

Same thing.

4. Could I have had access to KIT through BO, eliminating the extra corridor?

No. When you are given a programmed circulation space it must be usable for the desired function. In fact, MP should have another door at the north end of the west wall.

5. W required a view to MP, is the interior window at MP acceptable, or does the program imply a view to the door of MP?

From what little I know of the program, W is actualy supposed to be on the 2nd floor with a window looking into OB.

All doors from circulation to grade are exits and must swing out.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: BL_Dorf_Scheme2

Postby amathieu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:19 am

Thank you Coach!
amathieu

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN