BL_NCARB 4.0

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL_NCARB 4.0

Postby amathieu » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Another trial run on the building layout vignette. Any comments welcome, thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amathieu

Re: BL_NCARB 4.0

Postby Coach » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Remove GR interior window.
Move SO and LM doors west.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby rubychowkalok » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Coach wrote:Remove GR interior window.
Move SO and LM doors west.

WHy Remove GR interior window? the program requries visual control from the Lobby, right? please explain. I will take SD on Jun 11.
rubychowkalok

Postby amathieu » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:02 pm

The program requires visual control from R to GR, Lobby and CR - I took this comment from Coach to mean that the window in the GR was redundant because the visual control to the GR is maintained through the window of R. Hopefully this assumption is correct. Either way I hope this minor mistake wouldn't cause a fail - but it is good to avoid extras and stick to the program literally.
amathieu

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:12 am

rubychowkalok wrote:WHy Remove GR interior window? the program requries visual control from the Lobby, right? please explain. I will take SD on Jun 11.

Read the program carefully. Control of entries required, not the interiors of the rooms.
Coach
Site Admin

Urgent!!! test on Jun 11

Postby rubychowkalok » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Coach wrote:
rubychowkalok wrote:WHy Remove GR interior window? the program requries visual control from the Lobby, right? please explain. I will take SD on Jun 11.

Read the program carefully. Control of entries required, not the interiors of the rooms.

Thanks Coach,

To avoid misinterpretation, whenever there is a visual control from "A" room, to " B" room, so it is to create a window at 'A" wall, as far as the location of the window in "A" room is viewing towards the "Door" of B room, right??
rubychowkalok

Re: Urgent!!! test on Jun 11

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 pm

rubychowkalok wrote:To avoid misinterpretation, whenever there is a visual control from "A" room, to " B" room, so it is to create a window at 'A" wall, as far as the location of the window in "A" room is viewing towards the "Door" of B room, right??

For the practice program, yes. That's the case whenever the program calls for control of an entry to a room.
I've never heard of control of the interior of a room, but if you do encounter it, you will need a window in both rooms.
BTW, control of entry may be of either side of the door.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN