Finally done with CSE in Santa Clara!

Finally done with CSE in Santa Clara!

Postby Mongolian » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:13 am

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for all the support and for sharing your ups and downs throughout this process of finally becoming an architect. This forum has been the place that got me motivated to get to the finish line.
I received my CSE application to take the test a month after I finished NCARB ARE. Six weeks later, I went for CSE exam and to my surprise, I got the Congratulations letter right before I walked out of the bldg!
The review materials that I used are TWE, Woo, AIA contracts listed on CSE reference from CAB website, and experience at work for doing construction docs for over 10 years. Throughout the six weeks period, every morning before I went to work, I would get on the bike and listen to TWE audio for 45 mins. Sometimes at work, I would listen to the audio as my background noise, and most of my lunch breaks were spent listening to the audio while going for 45 min walks.
The TWE Flashcards were thrown in the mix while watching TV after a tiring day at work. The night before the exam, I did the Woo scenarios just to get the feel of the question format. I failed miserably but don’t be discouraged, the real exam was not as hard as long as you manage your time wisely. I only had a minute left for this portion of the exam. I like the hard copy version of the drawings better than the pdf at Prometric centers, it saved us time from panning and zooming the drawings. The general portion is mostly understanding the questions (read the questions 2x) and applying all from TWE, contracts, and work experience. If I didn’t use TWE, I would have never passed this test even with my work experience. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year! You can do this!
Mongolian

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM