Climate/Site Question

Climate/Site Question

Postby PPDsux21 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 am

Hello

There are a few questions on the PPD exam asking you to orient the correct building on the site according to climate and considering certain site features. This I understand very clearly. I am just wondering if there are any sources you know of that speak to any speacific building ROTATION according to climate zone. According to BCI, the building seem to be oriented a unknown number of degrees southeast. Is this rotation considered by NCARB in grading the exam? Is there a resource out there that will give me a number?

Thanks!!!
PPDsux21

Re: Climate/Site Question

Postby thd7t » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:02 am

PPDsux21 wrote:Hello

There are a few questions on the PPD exam asking you to orient the correct building on the site according to climate and considering certain site features. This I understand very clearly. I am just wondering if there are any sources you know of that speak to any speacific building ROTATION according to climate zone. According to BCI, the building seem to be oriented a unknown number of degrees southeast. Is this rotation considered by NCARB in grading the exam? Is there a resource out there that will give me a number?

Thanks!!!

I had a number of questions like this and did not rotate the building in anything other 90 degree increments. This appears to have been adequate. I think all questions had set orientations to select from, which makes this easier.
thd7t

Re: Climate/Site Question

Postby ablumetti » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:14 pm

from the materials I have come across...building location assumes a northern hemisphere location...this being said, most locations the front of building rotated slightly east of south east is ideal...15-20 degrees east out south
ablumetti

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design