2nd Fail!!!!!

2nd Fail!!!!!

Postby AREctct » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

I can’t believe it but I failed for the second time by getting a score of 67. Areas I did well in last time, I didn’t score well in this time. At a loss of words, not sure what else to study at this point! This test is taking longer to pass than all the ARE’s combined. Any words of wisdom or thought would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know if you have to pass all the sections with a 70 or higher, or is it a cumulative score based on the average of all four categories.

Thanks in advance
AREctct

Re: 2nd Fail!!!!!

Postby standard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 pm

AREctc - that’s a tough thing to absorb. First thing to remember - you WILL pass this exam. Take some time to regroup.

I can’t speak to percentages but my guess is that you know the material well but are having trouble decifering what the test questions are asking. PM me if you’d like more help. I’ve been licensed in CA about 2.5 years and I want everyone to pass this hurdle. If you are Los Angeles adjacent there is a group called NOTLY led by some fine volunteers at USC.
standard

Postby AREctct » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Thank you for the reply standard. Very tough to absorb, I was pretty confident I passed. Also, the percentages of each section did not match the CSE test plan. I thought that was pretty weird, but whatever, just trying to move forward and tackling this beast one more time.
AREctct

Postby TerribleOne » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 pm

FYI, the retake period is 3 months as of Dec. 1st rather than 6 months. Good luck! Keep Going.
TerribleOne

Postby AREctct » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks Terribleone, I sent my 100$ retake application already. The 3 month retake is definitely better! A silver lining to this whole mess
AREctct

Postby Raja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Ugh, this is what I'll be facing down if I can ever get through the NCARB. Two exams left, then CA Supplemental. I think for me the challenge will be as Standard says, understanding the questions. I have a lot of work experience so I second-guess all the NCARB questions. It's hard to get my brain to work in the specific exam-answer mode they need me to be in.

Good luck AREctct! You will pass it. Keep going.
Raja

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM