Cost Estimate

Cost Estimate

Postby alenb » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:19 pm

I can’t find anywhere how Ncarb grades the rounding of numbers or providing commas/periods at the final result number if they don’t indicate how the final answer number should read.
This might be a dumb question but was wondering if the question does not indicate how to round your numbers for example to the whole number or to the hundredth or tenth what would you put down?
For example: if the math adds up to be $335888, would you put down $335,888 or just leave $335888 no comma or period?
They did not say to round it or anything, just provide final answer.
I just want to be clear so that comma or period is not going against me by providing the correct answer.
alenb

Re: Cost Estimate

Postby tatamin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi,

Sorry not the answer for you, but can I ask what you are studying for PPD Section 5: Costs & Budgeting? I can’t find any material for this section except the sample questions from the Handbook.

-tatamin
tatamin

Postby Coach » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 am

alenb wrote:I can’t find anywhere how Ncarb grades the rounding of numbers or providing commas/periods at the final result number if they don’t indicate how the final answer number should read.

Look again. All the samples I've seen show commas where appropriate and question indicates how to round.

This might be a dumb question but was wondering if the question does not indicate how to round your numbers for example to the whole number or to the hundredth or tenth what would you put down?

If not indicated you use basic math norms. Round to the same level as the most precise number in the problem.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby alenb » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:09 am

tatamin wrote:Hi,

Sorry not the answer for you, but can I ask what you are studying for PPD Section 5: Costs & Budgeting? I can’t find any material for this section except the sample questions from the Handbook.

-tatamin

I’m going through the old notes and study guides from 4.0 exams (Kaplan and ballast) looking for question that relate to the cost. I have no specific book or material, I wish I had it since I’m also struggling to study for this section in PPD. If anyone else has a good source please let me know.
alenb

Postby alenb » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 am

Coach wrote:
alenb wrote:I can’t find anywhere how Ncarb grades the rounding of numbers or providing commas/periods at the final result number if they don’t indicate how the final answer number should read.

Look again. All the samples I've seen show commas where appropriate and question indicates how to round.

If not indicated you use basic math norms. Round to the same level as the most precise number in the problem.

Thanks coach!
alenb

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design