Current CSE Version

Current CSE Version

Postby mufins » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi Coach.
My office has the 2013 version of David Doucette's Whole Enchilada CSE prep that I was planning on using to get started on studying.
I notice that this version has 4 categories (1-context and predesign; 2a/b-regulatory; 3-management & design; 4-construction) and 55 knowledge statements.
Comparing to the California Architects Board website, the current test seems to have 4 different categories and 79 knowledge statements.
My assumption is that the content is the same, just reorganized (divided into more KS's), but I can't find any reference on Doucette's website that indicates any difference. In fact, his website still indicates 55 knowledge statements in his 2017 version. I also can't find any reference of when the CSE format changed and how it changed.

I plan on studying the material references on the CAB website, but thought the Doucette material would be a good 'listen in the car' resource. However, I'm not wanting to waste my time with something that may be outdated or not pertinent.
Is there any insight you can provide on if additional information was added via the current version and additional KS's?
I appreciate the assistance!
mufins

Re: Current CSE Version

Postby Coach » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:39 am

I have no clue.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby evaeames » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am

It’s outdated..
evaeames

Postby mufins » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:39 pm

evaeames wrote:It’s outdated..

Are you aware if any of the material is current, such as Woo?
mufins

Postby Moniky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Yeah, the Woo stuff is updated per the new test plan.
Moniky

Postby testingtesting » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Look further into the CAB website.
The main difference i saw is that it references the 2016 code. I believe the main concepts are the same (code wise) but still sifting through it myself.
testingtesting

Postby stephanier2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:07 pm

I reviewed the materials on the current CSE Reference Materials list first, then supplemented with our office's old version of Doucette's audio files. Some bits were outdated, but I knew that, having read the current versions first. Overall, I found even the old audio lessons helpful!
stephanier2

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM