Site design

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site design

Postby vdokras » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi there,

This week I will be taking SPD for the second and final time. I passed each section except the site design vignette, so I have been practicing this section again. I have a feeling my issues stem from parking lot efficiency and/or building proximities. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
VSD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vdokras

Re: Site design

Postby cma52572 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 pm

well that's an interesting solution. I like to see people turn things diagonally to see what we can get away with. So for the experts...

does this count for entrance to OT being visible from Bentley??

I think the solution looks pretty good. Just watch that walkway connection to main sidewalk.

Shouldnt the service entrance just connect to the loading dock and not overlap the loading dock? I'm not sure if that's an issue or not.

But get other feedback! I'm not confidant in myself. I'm taking the test next week.
good luck!
cma52572

Postby vdokras » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks cma! All good points. Can you elaborate on the comment regarding the walkway connection?
vdokras

Postby cma52572 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:18 pm

just that its almost touching Bentley if you look closely at it. Very easy mistake to make, but I'm just saying be super careful because that's where a lot of people get in to trouble (including me).

Make TRIPLE sure your access drive actually is connecting to street and not just sidewalk (yours is fine)
And make sure your walkway connects just to the public walkway and doesn't overshoot and connect to the street.

Also I realized last night about the loading dock sitch--yes for sure that's an issue because you are too close to the building. What was the min separation distance 5' or 7')..either way never have any road run right up against a building. there will always be some offset. So yeah for sure have the service road just connect w/ the loading dock.
cma52572

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN