Vignette --- Comments Welcome First Attempt

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette --- Comments Welcome First Attempt

Postby enearchitecture » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am

Hello,
Comments Welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
enearchitecture

Re: Vignette --- Comments Welcome First Attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 am

Architect's office is over lit. It is very unlikely that you can solve any of their vignettes with only one type of fixture.
Accent lights cannot overlap the grid.
Move studio diffusers 2' east. Move architect's office diffusers 2' east.
Poor separation between supply & return in the conference room. Min 4' separation is recommended.
Sparky83

Postby enearchitecture » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks! Lets try this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
enearchitecture

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 pm

enearchitecture wrote:Thanks! Lets try this one.

Conference room is under lit. You had it right the first time. Why change it?
Diffusers in the studio not fixed.
Sparky83

Postby enearchitecture » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Not sure why i started a second thread, amature hour.... I’m a bit confused on the under lite comment. If a 2x4 light has 6 feet spacing between lights in the short direction (similar in the arch’s office) and 4’ spacing in the long direction similar to (arch’s office). In my conference room my 2x4 are just about center giving me 4’ ( or less) from each wall. This seems to fall under the lighting distribution diagram. Why i changed it, just trying to solve using a mixture of lighting. Thank you.
enearchitecture

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 am

enearchitecture wrote:Not sure why i started a second thread, amature hour.... I’m a bit confused on the under lite comment. If a 2x4 light has 6 feet spacing between lights in the short direction (similar in the arch’s office) and 4’ spacing in the long direction similar to (arch’s office). In my conference room my 2x4 are just about center giving me 4’ ( or less) from each wall. This seems to fall under the lighting distribution diagram. Why i changed it, just trying to solve using a mixture of lighting. Thank you.

Using 2x2 lights in the conference room gets you closer to the required lighting level than using 2x4's. Slightly over lit (with 2x2's) is better than severely under lit (with 2x4's).
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS