Tips on doing Project Scenario

Tips on doing Project Scenario

Postby evaeames » Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 am

Hello! For ppl who passed CSE, how to get project scenario portion done at the most efficient/fast way possible?
Thank you!

Eva
evaeames

Re: Tips on doing Project Scenario

Postby zjz0819 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:49 am

I'm not sure if everyone has the same number of questions for project scenario, but I got 30 questions for 60 minutes - that's 2 minutes per question. I would recommend you to pay attention to the time, especially for those difficult questions or questions that you feel you spent a lot of time on. When I got stuck with a difficult question for more then 2 minutes, I would just pick a least wrong answer and mark that question. I finished all 30 questions in 45 minutes, and spent the remaining 15 minutes checking those marked ones. Another tip is do not spend too much time in reading the general information and the plans, elevations, and sections. Just glimpse through the general information session and the drawings, wait till you see a question that makes you feel you need to go back to that session. You will need to go back to that many times during the project scenario section, so don't worry about the little details in the beginning, don't try to remember in the begining where the front entry is facing, or how many handicap parking stalls are provided. Hopefully this helps, and good luck!
zjz0819

Re: Tips on doing Project Scenario

Postby sokokyu » Thu May 31, 2018 5:46 pm

zjz0819 wrote:I'm not sure if everyone has the same number of questions for project scenario, but I got 30 questions for 60 minutes - that's 2 minutes per question. I would recommend you to pay attention to the time, especially for those difficult questions or questions that you feel you spent a lot of time on. When I got stuck with a difficult question for more then 2 minutes, I would just pick a least wrong answer and mark that question. I finished all 30 questions in 45 minutes, and spent the remaining 15 minutes checking those marked ones. Another tip is do not spend too much time in reading the general information and the plans, elevations, and sections. Just glimpse through the general information session and the drawings, wait till you see a question that makes you feel you need to go back to that session. You will need to go back to that many times during the project scenario section, so don't worry about the little details in the beginning, don't try to remember in the begining where the front entry is facing, or how many handicap parking stalls are provided. Hopefully this helps, and good luck!

The above is spot on. Really good advice.
sokokyu

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM