tolerances part 2

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

tolerances part 2

Postby cma52572 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 pm

I failed the vignette the 1st time so I'm having some PTSD. I'm taking it again on Tuesday and I'm super worried about the tolerances w/ this program. I zoomed in on my 25' setback from water table.

This was the closest I could get it. Would this be Ok?
and I am really afraid of being a tiny bit inside the 25' setback here. So is it better to be a teeny tiny bit inside (aka less than the required amount) of it or a larger amount outside of it? Because obviously this program has bad tolerances and its impossible to get right on the line and you have to choose one or the other. I'm inclined to choose to have it a teeny tiny bit inside the setback because its still super close rather than have it outside.

If anyone else wants to post close ups of there setback in plan Id appreciate it. Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cma52572

Re: tolerances part 2

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 am

ALWAYS go to the side away from what would be an error. If min setback is X, never go (X-y). If max height is Y, never go (Y+z). If lines need to meet, cross rather than fall short.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby cma52572 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 am

ok thanks so much. that's what I wanted tp know.
cma52572

Postby jorghen67 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks coach for clarifying that.
I had the same question as you did. I have taken this exam two times and failed the vinegtte twice getting level 2. I triple checked everything in the last one and still didn't pass it. One question I had is if at the water setback along the curvy edge the surface improvements and the building edge have to be precisely on top of each other.
jorghen67

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE