CSE Pass/Fail Rates

CSE Pass/Fail Rates

Postby Joosetiger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 am

I happened to be reading the most recent CAB newsletter, and stumbled onto a link the exam pass / fail rates for the past 3 years that were published. See here: http://www.cab.ca.gov/news/newsletters/ ... tics.shtml (scroll to bottom). I had been curious about this but had never been able to find it anywhere on CAB website. NCARB used to post this same data for ARE. Anyhow, it was very interesting. There is a clear spike in the fail rate for 2017, going from 32% to 48%. This indicates the new test plan and the resulting exam are much harder. Biggest question I have is was this an intentional move by CAB or is it just the result of new test content. I am not a statistics person, but does a spike like that mean that the exam is 14% harder, or does it mean that it is something more than that, like 50% harder? Anyhow, I guess that it is what it is. Curious on other's thoughts.
Joosetiger

Re: CSE Pass/Fail Rates

Postby hopefularch2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm

It is interesting.
I wonder if some people didn't switch over to the new study material in time?
(However, I imagine quite a bit would have still been transferable.)
hopefularch2

Postby markarch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Wow, that is a pretty intense spike.. I really hope they adjust, unless it is their intention to make it harder :evil:
markarch

Postby standard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 pm

I remember looking at CSE pass/fail rates and seeing the “dismal” numbers as motivation to study harder and smarter. I was not going to be a casualty.
standard

Postby Coach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

hopefularch2 wrote:I wonder if some people didn't switch over to the new study material in time?
(However, I imagine quite a bit would have still been transferable.)

I don't doubt that's the difference. Sure, a lot is the same, but too many people are lazy and expect prepackaged study guides to do all their work without bothering to look at the test plan.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM