CDS study material

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS study material

Postby anonymous283 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm

I failed CDS 2 and half years ago studying old test material I had from a friend. I studied ballast and kaplan and they both referred to old contract document numbering such as B141. I received level 1 in the main topic and vignette but received level 3 in codes and regulations, level 2 in environmental issues and project and practice management. I thought I had studied everything I could. I'm now trying to take them again and am studying the same material with more focus on the subjects I received worse levels in. I also have architect exam prep study material which focuses a lot on the contracts themselves and not so much on the big picture which kaplan and ballast do well. I'm hoping this is all the study material I need but am worried the codes I'm studying might be outdated. Is there a free source for studying more recent codes which might come up on the AREs or can I study older material for codes? Or do you know off the top of your head specific codes that have changed in the last decade that appear on the test. Thanks.
anonymous283

Re: CDS study material

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm

For CDS:
- Schiff Hardin Lectures, I am sure someone has them somewhere or has a link.
- Architects Handbook of Professional Practice
- Ballast
- AIA Contract Documents (print them out and follow along with the schiff hardin lectures, and listen to them while at work instead of music)

This is all I used to pass CDS.
alexwilkosz24

Re: CDS study material

Postby anonymous283 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks for the response. I tried listening to those lectures but its just too much additional info over a long period of time and I learn better from reading. I am now looking for study material for codes and sustainability. I have ballast info on it. Kaplan doesn't even seem to cover it. Architect exam prep goes over it very briefly. What else can I study for those ridiculous odd ball sustainability questions or is there noway to prepare for them. I remember 2 years ago a question asking something like what of the following materials is sustainable (not reusable, maybe green) and it was a list of materials like stone, vinyl, linoleum, bamboo, cork (thats probably wrong and there were others). I don't even know what a sustainable material is by definition since its hard to define. How do you study for that? LEED study material?
anonymous283

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES