Case Study Content Area?

Case Study Content Area?

Postby jojobean » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

I failed PPD, and reviewed the score report. I've never failed one of these exams before, but I would have thought that the case studies would have been a category in the report. I really have no idea how I did on them. Does anyone know what content areas the case studies are focused in? I scored a level 3 on content areas 1 & 5, and passed the rest. I can't tell if this means I did ok on case studies, or if I bombed them. I was really short on time when I got to them, and I felt like maybe that was the reason I failed, but I don't know how prevalent my failed content areas were in the case studies.
jojobean

Re: Case Study Content Area?

Postby Coach » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm

jojobean wrote:Does anyone know what content areas the case studies are focused in?

That's the point of case studies. They synthesize content areas into a given context.
In other words, case studies contain problems that deal with multiple content areas.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Case Study Content Area?

Postby jroessner » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:23 pm

I had the same problem today as I got the provisional feedback at the end that I didn't pass. I decided to do the case studies first and that so much time for me. Maybe I overthought everything but it seemed to be what I'm used to doing. There were a couple of contradictory and or confusing questions. What happened though is that I rushed through almost half of th4e regular questions and didn't have time to thoroughly work and think through them. This is the second time I failed that test. I spent so much time studying over about 2 months so it's a little exasperating. I'll keep at it as I probably needed to study a bit more structural general information not problems.
jroessner

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design