NCARB Certificate

NCARB Certificate

Postby nickedemus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:00 am

How do you get one? I flipped through the guidelines, but I don't see WHERE I'm supposed to apply. What am I missing?
nickedemus

Re: NCARB Certificate

Postby charmedserenity3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am

You have to call customer service and ask them to do it.
charmedserenity3

Postby nickedemus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:08 am

Oh no :(
nickedemus

Postby slap_back05 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am

I had always heard this process happened automatically after licensure. Is it required to call them to start this?
slap_back05

Postby boops » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 am

slap_back05 wrote:I had always heard this process happened automatically after licensure. Is it required to call them to start this?

No, this doesn't happen automatically. Yes, you must call NCARB to start the process. NCARB has to verify that you actually have a license in that state and communication between NCARB and the state takes some time.
boops

Postby slap_back05 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

boops wrote:
slap_back05 wrote:I had always heard this process happened automatically after licensure. Is it required to call them to start this?

No, this doesn't happen automatically. Yes, you must call NCARB to start the process. NCARB has to verify that you actually have a license in that state and communication between NCARB and the state takes some time.

This is unfortunate, as now their customer service line does not even allow you to talk to a representative, just leave a voice mail. After several emails sent and voicemails left over the last 2 months with absolutely no response, I'm starting to believe NCARB may be a waste of time.
slap_back05

Postby boops » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm

slap_back05 wrote:This is unfortunate, as now their customer service line does not even allow you to talk to a representative, just leave a voice mail.

I called their customer service line last week and was able to talk to a human. If you're having trouble getting them to respond, reach out to them on social media. The NCARB 5.0 community forum seems to be the best place to get a response back. Twitter seems to work as well. Email almost never works.
boops

Postby slap_back05 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 am

boops wrote:
slap_back05 wrote:This is unfortunate, as now their customer service line does not even allow you to talk to a representative, just leave a voice mail.

I called their customer service line last week and was able to talk to a human. If you're having trouble getting them to respond, reach out to them on social media. The NCARB 5.0 community forum seems to be the best place to get a response back. Twitter seems to work as well. Email almost never works.

To be honest, that is just completely ridiculous that I have to go use some internet forum to become professionally certified. I'll try it, but seriously? This is what I'm paying for?
slap_back05

Postby slap_back05 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:14 am

That seems to be the correct method. Posted first thing this morning, and had the form emailed to me within an hour. How stupid and unprofessional...
slap_back05

Postby boops » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 am

slap_back05 wrote:That seems to be the correct method. Posted first thing this morning, and had the form emailed to me within an hour. How stupid and unprofessional...

Glad it worked!! I completely agree with you that it is unprofessional. When you post a complaint online for everyone to see, it now become a public relations issue and they almost always have to respond it.

BTW I have been licensed since November as well. I submitted paperwork for NCARB certificate the same week I got licensed. I still don't have the certificate and we are approaching 3 months. Every week I call and get a response that it's in final review and will be completed by the end of the week... good luck.
boops

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION