Uses/reasoning fro Con Docs, Project Manual Etc?

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Uses/reasoning fro Con Docs, Project Manual Etc?

Postby 212tbh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 am

I see plenty of information of what is part of the Project Manual, Bidding Documents, Contract Documents and Construction Documents. I haven't really seen a clear explanation on who would use these and for why.

Bidding Documents- I'm assuming this has everything that can be provided to bidders to create an estimate and excludes the Contract modifications because at this point there is no contract?

Project Manual - this one really stumps me because why would someone want all this (Bidding Req, Contract Forms, Contract Cond, & Specs) information excluding the DWG's? Is this supposed to be a quick reference manual during construction?

Construction Documents Specs & DWG's, pretty strait forward.

Contract Documents I'm assuming most parties through the construction would refer to these because they include everything except bidding requirements which are insignificant during construction?
Last edited by 212tbh on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
212tbh

Re: Like an open spec for reference spec?

Postby 212tbh » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:27 pm

I think I can answer my own questions.

The Project Manual and the Drawing Set are given out for bids. Contractors ask questions and Architect provides Addendum. All this becomes the Bidding Documents. Once the contractor signed the contract the Bidding Documents become the Contract Documents. The Contract Documents then increase as contract modifications are made throughout construction.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

When the Bidding Documents become the Contract Documents what are the bidding requirements discarded?WHat about forms such as G709, G810, G711 that are provided by the architect? Do they also go into the Contract Documents?
212tbh

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES