PPP NCARB Practice Question

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP NCARB Practice Question

Postby TAParkitekt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm

On the NCARB PPP exam guide, I was tripped up early by one of the sample questions:

"Which of the following consultant engineers typically consumes the greatest percentage of project fees on school projects?"

Choices are:

-Civil
-Electrical
-Mechanical
-Structural

I don't remember seeing a breakdown in any of my study material that would point me in the right direction here. Typically the partners negotiate fees on our projects, so I've never really thought about it. The answer is Mechanical. Anyone know why? Would this be different if it were an office building?

Thanks.
TAParkitekt

Re: PPP NCARB Practice Question

Postby thd7t » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 am

Mechanical is pretty much always the highest cost sub. If your office has done some conventional projects, look at the breakdown of consultant fees. Unless it's a strange or innovative project, Mechanical is usually the highest cost (even in strange or innovative projects, most of the time, too!).
thd7t

Postby sbyrktct » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 am

Mechanical... all day, every day.
sbyrktct

Postby TAParkitekt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 am

Thank you both. I tested yesterday. Really don't have a feeling either way how it went. Won't be surprised if I failed, but we'll see. There were a good bit of CDS and SPD questions, sort of a "catch-all" exam.

Vignette was straight forward and very similar to the practice vignette, didn't have any problems.

Fingers crossed!
TAParkitekt

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE