Special Conditions vs. Division 01. vs Supplementary C

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Special Conditions vs. Division 01. vs Supplementary C

Postby pig » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 am

When does a project specific information belong to Special Condition vs. Division 01?
and vs. Supplementary Conditions?

At the end of Kaplan, there is a list of Examples of Special Conditions, many of the what is listed there appear to be Division 01 items to me, so i want to ask....
for example:
1. "Job Sign: Furnish and erect two 96"x96" job signs painted and lettered to identify Project, The Owner, the Architect, the Contractor, and four Consulting Engineers."
2. "5 copies of material lists, schedules and brochures as required under various sections shall be submitted to Architect for approval"

What if there are such conditions with the project:
3. If site is located adjacent to a mountain that would rush rainwater from the mountain onto the site and contractor should be prepared of potential flooding during construction
4. access to site is only allowed between 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm weekdays. Weekends access is not allowed.
5. project is located in Shenzhen, however, if there is disagreement, arbitration will be carried out in Hong Kong
which one belongs to Supplementary condition, Division 01 or Special Condition?

Can someone be so kind to provide an explanation please?
pig

Re: Special Conditions vs. Division 01. vs Supplementary C

Postby cma52572 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 am

this is a GREAT question. I am super confused by this! it seems like info could easily be on either one. If anyone can clarify that would be awesome.

Also I am having a tough time understanding where Supplementary Conditions go! i know this is a dumb question. I read they are included somewhere in the A201 contract, but where? Are they just integrated everywhere throughout the contract? I know there is A503 which is a "guide to Supplementary Conditions" but that is not an actual contract. I know this is a dumb question and I should know the answer but if someone can tell me Id be so grateful.
cma52572

Postby 212tbh » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Ditto on learning the answer
212tbh

Postby Coach » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Read A503.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES