SPD vignettes - testing tomorrow (10/17) - comments please!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD vignettes - testing tomorrow (10/17) - comments please!

Postby adamgidaszewski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm testing tomorrow morning - I know this is short notice. But I thought I'd post my two practice solutions to see if there's anything I'm missing

I've practiced with these vignettes a couple times through NCARB and then by hand in the Ballast exam to get some variety. I feel reasonably good about them but I want to see if anyone catches anything...and if you do, please please let me know!

One question I did have: Even though there isn't anything in the program about it specifically...is the Pedestrian Plaza allowed to extend all the way up to the parking? I left some landscaping between the two because it felt/looked too odd otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has any put one way or the other

Thanks so much in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adamgidaszewski

Re: SPD vignettes - testing tomorrow (10/17) - comments plea

Postby schwerpunkt » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey,

Sorry this is a bit late, the only thing that jumped out at me for the site design solution you posted was that the pedestrian walk crossed over the automobile drive to get to the restaurant entrance. Don't know if that would be major enough by itself, but ideally, people and cars would be kept separate.

Hope all went well!
schwerpunkt

Re: SPD vignettes - testing tomorrow (10/17) - comments plea

Postby adamgidaszewski » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

No worries, I posted it the night before so I realistically wasn't hoping to get much feedback...but thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, the pedestrian path crossing the vehicular traffic is definitely less than desirable, but apparently it's one of the more 'minor' items on NCARB's list? So, it's not enough to fail you by itself.

Honestly, I wouldn't have done it myself if it hadn't been for the NCARB vignette practice video doing the same thing...that sort of reassured me

The test itself really wasn't that bad...I felt the MC was more difficult/trickier than the vignettes, personally. There were definitely a couple of serious WTF questions on there.

Fingers crossed for next Tuesday when I'm expecting to get my results :shock:

Again, thanks for the response
adamgidaszewski

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN