Black spectacles?

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Black spectacles?

Postby DANIIFACE » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:21 am

Worth spending the money on the black spectacles videos? haven't tried them yet but after failing PPP twice I'm looking for some new study materials to hopefully make things click!
DANIIFACE

Re: Black spectacles?

Postby Ruby » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 am

If you like podcasts, it's worth it for Black Spectacles--it's more like listening/watching a podcast than anything else. I had it for PPP and it was like using AEP--an overview, but nothing I'd use on it's own. The AIA heavily endorses Black Spectacles, if that's worth anything. But it's always worth it to switch up your materials when you fail and to try something different. Check out Youtube first--they might have some on there for free you can check out and I know Black Spectacles has podcasts--ARE Live--that you can go back into the archives and take "mock exams" and take PPP mock exams. And with your Black Spectacles subscription, you get access to a full mock exam--probably the most beneficial part of the entire subscription.
Ruby

Postby wws341234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Yes i agree with Ruby. i just purchased the premium 1 month plan yesterday (don't get the basic plan cuz you'll want the mock up as well), and i'm going through his videos now. You'll definitely want to supplement the lectures with additional materials. However, listening to his videos can give me different perspective on the same info, which in turns can help me absorb better.
wws341234

Postby DANIIFACE » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 am

Awesome, thank you! I have two months until I take my exam and I am just deciding if I want to purchase the one month now or take the month to read Ballist/Kaplan and use black spectacles for the last month along with lots of practice exams and supplemental reading.
DANIIFACE

Postby wws341234 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:32 am

DANIIFACE wrote:Awesome, thank you! I have two months until I take my exam and I am just deciding if I want to purchase the one month now or take the month to read Ballist/Kaplan and use black spectacles for the last month along with lots of practice exams and supplemental reading.

In my opinion, Black Spectacles is good at teaching the general concept and what to watch out for, but Ballast and Kaplan are definitely more intensive. If you intend to try it out i would recommend you to purchase it and go thru his videos asap, so you can spend the rest of your time on supplementing Black Spectacles with other study materials.
wws341234

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE