Transitioning and the Rolling Clock

Transitioning and the Rolling Clock

Postby Coach » Thu May 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Remember that your rolling clock DOES NOT reset when you transition, so if you're looking to take fewer exams, you need to know the full picture of what you're getting into.

Scenario 1 - Transition with SPD, PPP and CDS
If you lose:
CDS, you will have to pass 5 more exams!
PPP, 5 more.
SPD, 3 more.

Scenario 2 - Transition with PPP and CDS
If you lose:
CDS, you will have to pass all six 5.0 exams!
PPP, 5 more.

Plan accordingly.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Transitioning and the Rolling Clock

Postby Coach » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 pm

"Your rolling clock transitions with you. This means your 4.0 divisions will keep their expiration dates in 5.0."

https://www.ncarb.org/pass-are/are4/transition
Coach
Site Admin

Postby techtonix » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:34 am

As I understand their calculator:

if Structural Systems 4.0 is the ONLY and LAST test you have to pass...
The ARE 5.0 equivalent tests you would have to pass are:

1)Project Planning & Design
2)Project Development & Documentation

Use their calculator here: https://arecalc.ncarb.org/
techtonix

Postby 2435takeare » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 am

Choices below what is the best strategy option?

Option 1: take 3+2 ARE 4.0 & 5.0 Method
Take: Construction Document and Services, Programming Planning & Practice, Site Planning & Design in version 4.0, then after June 30, 2018 take Project Planning & Design, Project Development & Documentation.

Option 2: take 2+3 ARE 4.0 & 5.0 Method
Take Construction Document and Services, Programming Planning & Practice in version 4.0, then after June 30, 2018 take the Programming Analysis, Project Planning & Design, Project Development & Documentation.
2435takeare

Postby Coach » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:26 pm

2435takeare wrote:Choices below what is the best strategy option?

It depends on what you've taken and your rolling clock.

Option 1: take 3+2 ARE 4.0 & 5.0 Method
Take: Construction Document and Services, Programming Planning & Practice, Site Planning & Design in version 4.0, then after June 30, 2018 take Project Planning & Design, Project Development & Documentation.

Option 2: take 2+3 ARE 4.0 & 5.0 Method
Take Construction Document and Services, Programming Planning & Practice in version 4.0, then after June 30, 2018 take the Programming Analysis, Project Planning & Design, Project Development & Documentation.

You don't have to wait for June 30th. You can transition whenever you want to.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby melliemoe » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Why is my life so complicated hahaha
I have only 3 exams left in 4.0 - Structural Systems, Building Systems and Site Planning.
I have been having some health issues since 2014 and also started my family so have not been able to be as focused on getting these exams out of the way.
My rolling clock takes effect June 3, 2018 and I will lose CPD and PPP and then schematic design in December 2018.
Why not just take the 5.0 Project planning and design exam and be done? It seems that exam gives credits in all the remaining 4.0 exams for me. So complicated. Should I just call NCARB? Anyone know if the transition works that way?
melliemoe

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm

melliemoe wrote:Why is my life so complicated hahaha
I have only 3 exams left in 4.0 - Structural Systems, Building Systems and Site Planning.
I have been having some health issues since 2014 and also started my family so have not been able to be as focused on getting these exams out of the way.
My rolling clock takes effect June 3, 2018 and I will lose CPD and PPP and then schematic design in December 2018.
Why not just take the 5.0 Project planning and design exam and be done? It seems that exam gives credits in all the remaining 4.0 exams for me. So complicated. Should I just call NCARB? Anyone know if the transition works that way?

CPD? I'll assume you must mean CDS.

I don't know what you're looking at but you're way off base.

As it stands, if you transition now you would have to pass PA, PPD, and PDD before 6/3/18.
If you don't transition, you'll have to pass SS, BS, and SPD before 6/3/18.

If neither of those happen, you're looking at needing all of 5.0.

With that in mind, I would transition ASAP and get cracking.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby BnyBen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am

FYI, my 4.0 BDCS exam (i.e. my rolling clock) was going to expire on 11/10/2019 but after I transitioned my new rolling clock expires on 6/6/2021.

I plan to finish before my 4.0 clock expires anyway but this seems to contradict what this thread is saying.

Leave it to NCARB to make this as confusing as possible. Remember that many if not all states have their own requirement to finish within 5 years either way.

ARE 4.0.jpg

ARE 5.0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BnyBen

Postby Coach » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:59 pm

BnyBen wrote:FYI, my 4.0 BDCS exam (i.e. my rolling clock) was going to expire on 11/10/2019 but after I transitioned my new rolling clock expires on 6/6/2021.

I plan to finish before my 4.0 clock expires anyway but this seems to contradict what this thread is saying.

Leave it to NCARB to make this as confusing as possible. Remember that many if not all states have their own requirement to finish within 5 years either way.

What's going on there is the expiration of BDCS and SD don't matter because they're useless in transition. 6/6/21 is the expiration of CDS, PPP, or SPD.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby cbdesign » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

I have only taken CDS and failed. I'd love to take the CDS, PPP, and SPD version 4.0 before June 3rd and then the PPD and PDD version 5.0. Is this unrealistic? If so, I'll start with version 5.0. Any thoughts?
I have my own business and have 2 mid-sized residential projects to work on at the same time. Thanks!
cbdesign

Postby Coach » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 am

cbdesign wrote:I have only taken CDS and failed. I'd love to take the CDS, PPP, and SPD version 4.0 before June 3rd and then the PPD and PDD version 5.0. Is this unrealistic? If so, I'll start with version 5.0. Any thoughts?

If you want to stay in 4.0 I would forget about SPD for now. Take CDS first, then PPP.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby architectco » Mon May 28, 2018 9:00 am

HI,

I have passed CDS, PPP, and SPD's and I want to transition to 5.0 but form what I am reading about 5.0 it seems very difficult and it almost makes me want to attempt to try and finish the last 4 exams in 4.0 before the June deadline ( I probably cant finish it before the deadline so it is probably a mute point). Anyone have any insight on this ?

Thank you,
architectco

Postby moose16 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:35 am

Hello All - I've only passed 4.0 CDS, but sadly failed PPP and SPD before the transition occurred. So now I'm stuck taking the remaining (5) 5.0 exams, in a rolling clock time of 1.6 years from today. I'm asking outloud of a consensus if it is even worth trying to pass all of these in this timeframe or just give up and let the clock run out and restart/reauthorize? i failed PPP and SPD multiple times (was extremely, frustratingly close) and feel like it's not enough time to now realistically finish in time, given the fact that it's all brand new and the pass rates are hovering around 50% nationwide. Any comments are welcome, and if anyone else is in the same boat happy to talk it out. Does anyone think NCARB would even offer advice on this, or just give blanket non-committal robot responses?
Thanks!!
moose16

Postby Coach » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:34 pm

It doesn't sound like you know how the rolling clock works. There's absolutely no benefit in waiting.

If you pass any of the new sections before CDS expires, and CDS subsequently expires, the clock starts from the oldest 5.0 pass. That's why it's called a ROLLING clock.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby moose16 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Yes I believe I misunderstood the rolling clock. So if I do not pass all 5.0 divisions in my remaining time, it only causes the expiration of CDS 4.0, (which then I would have to take Construction and Evaluation) 5.0, not the entire set of exams to "start over." Ok thank you for confirming.
moose16

cs go sites gambling

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:11 am

CS:COMMUNICATE WITH Gambling is a sort of gambling that has become all the go among Counter-Strike: Far-reaching Rude players. In this despatch we wishes look at the main aspects of CS:BE DISMISSED Gambling, its pros and cons, and also bump to the gaming brotherhood.

CS:GO AROUND Gambling is this? https://www.khakasia.ru/bitrix/redirect ... ite_6.html This is a constitute of gambling in which participate skins (gutsy items) from the joy Counter-Strike: International Offensive. Players can stake skins on individual gambling games including roulette, craps, card games and others. If the especially bettor wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

Pros of CS:BE DISMISSED Gambling:
1. Recreation nuance. Concerning myriad players, http://jansweeneycatering.com/__media__ ... ing_1.html CS:BE USED UP Gambling is presented as fascinating method of amusement and fireworks.
2. Opening to right to money. Some players look at CS:WORK Gambling as a road of earning skins either shekels past conquering bets.
3. Unfolding of communication. CS:SURVIVE Gambling can nurture strengthening bonds between players since it is a unexceptional area of interest.

Cons of CS:GO Gambling:

1. Gamble of addiction. As kindly as in any character of gambling, CS:GO Gambling http://oneill-design-group.com/__media_ ... sites.html can leading lady to the incident of gambling addiction and loss of control over the plan process.
2. Difficulties with the law. Some forms of CS:SUITABLE FOR Gambling may be verboten highly dependent on the dominion, which may lead to right problems.
3. Dodge and deception. There is a peril of encountering cheaters or negligent http://enjoyhealing.com/__media__/js/ne ... sites.html services, which may lead actor to the loss of skins or personal facts.

CS:BE DEFEATED Gambling has both persuasive and adversative sides. Most of all retain to reliable have fun and leadership to the ground your own actions. If a instrumentalist is au courant of the risks and is prepared on them, then CS:RUN Gambling maybe an fascinating and fun experience. On the other hand, it is recommended to be careful and objectively figure your abilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russellfab

csgo knife gambling

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:12 am

CS:EXTEND Gambling is a brand of gambling that has develop praiseworthy among Counter-Strike: Worldwide Offensive players. In this article we wishes look at the essential aspects of CS:RETREAT Gambling, its pros and cons, also influence to the gaming community.

CS:PRONOUNCE Gambling is this? http://bochartcenter.com/__media__/js/n ... ite_1.html This is a form of gambling in which get part skins (game items) from the strategy Counter-Strike: Pandemic Offensive. Players can wager skins on individual gambling fun including roulette, craps, credit card games and others. If the better wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

1. Entertainment nuance. Championing most players, http://precedentllc.com/__media__/js/ne ... amble.html CS:GO Gambling is presented as fascinating method of pleasure and nervousness.
2. Opportunity to win money. Some players look at CS:WEAR OUT Gambling as a method of earning skins either cold hard cash by winsome bets.
3. Progress of communication. CS:MAKE OFF Gambling can inspire strengthening bonds between players because it is a average area of interest.

Cons of CS:BUDGE Gambling:

1. Risk of addiction. As kindly as in any character of gambling, CS:DATE Gambling http://outofthelooprecordings.com/__med ... sites.html can beguile to the evolvement of gambling addiction and loss of control all over the meet function.
2. Problems with the law. Some forms of CS:ADVANCE Gambling may be illicit depending on the prerogative, which may convince to legal problems.
3. Fraud and deception. There is a peril of encountering scammers or evil https://drinek.blog.idnes.cz/redir.aspx ... bling.html services, which may cable to the extermination of skins either own info.

CS:DATE A REVIEW Gambling has both favourable and disputatious sides. Fundamentally keep in be careful of about reliable making whoopee and be in control of one more time your deeds. If a sportswoman is aware of the dangers and is changed on them, then CS:WALK OUT Gambling can be an fascinating and entertaining experience. Else, it is recommended to be careful and objectively gauge your abilities.
Russellfab

cs2 husk betting

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:12 am

CS:GO Gambling is a sort of gambling that has grace pre-eminent volume Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players. In this article we wish look at the major nuances of CS:GO Gambling, its pros and cons, also crashing to the gaming sorority.

CS:RUN Gambling what is? http://m.ynbed.co.kr/member/login.html? ... tes_1.html This is a protocol of gambling in which take section skins (game items) from the dissimulate Counter-Strike: International Offensive. Players can put skins on several gambling cheer including roulette, craps, credit card games and others. If the player wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

1. Entertainment nuance. Seeking varied players, http://ww17.thesimplecoffeetablestore.c ... ite_4.html CS:GO OUT Gambling is presented as fascinating means of amusement and nervousness.
2. Chance to net money. Some players rate CS:GO Gambling as a road of earning skins or funds around captivating bets.
3. Event of communication. CS:SURVIVE Gambling can promote strengthening bonds between players since it is a common area of interest.

Cons of CS:GIVE OUT Gambling:

1. Risk of addiction. As opulently as in any profile of gambling, CS:DATE Gambling http://roihealth.co.uk/__media__/js/net ... sites.html can bring to the incident of gambling addiction and destruction of curb over the regatta process.
2. Difficulties with the law. Some forms of CS:ADVANCE Gambling could be verboten quite dependent on the dominion, which may head up to legal problems.
3. Fraud and deception. There is a chance of encountering cheaters or negligent http://jointcommissioninternational.us/ ... ing_1.html services, which may come to the erosion of skins either personal info.

CS:DATE A REVIEW Gambling has both encouraging and disputatious sides. Mainly stow away in dislike give executive high spirits and control once more your actions. If a player is apprised of the risks and is microwave-ready for them, then CS:TO Gambling peradventure an fun and enjoyment experience. Otherwise, it is recommended to be considerate and impartially evaluate your capabilities.
Russellfab

best csgo site fitting for gambling

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 am

CS:SET OFF Gambling is a sort of gambling that has become well-known among Counter-Strike: Universal Offensive players. In this dispatch we make look at the essential nuances of CS:BE DISMISSED Gambling, its pros and cons, also pull to the gaming community.

CS:GO Gambling is this? http://myiccoc.com/__media__/js/netsolt ... -site.html This is a protocol of gambling in which participate skins (quarry items) from the scheme Counter-Strike: Pandemic Offensive. Players can stake skins on individual gambling jocularity such as roulette, craps, behave games and others. If the better wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

Pros of CS:WEAR OUT Gambling:
1. Entertainment nuance. Concerning many players, http://tarteistry.net/__media__/js/nets ... sites.html CS:BE USED UP Gambling is presented as inviting means of amusement and tension.
2. Occasion to win money. Some players look at CS:WEAR OUT Gambling as a sense of earning skins or funds past captivating bets.
3. Development of communication. CS:SURVIVE Gambling can promote strengthening bonds between players because it is a common область of interest.

1. Gamble of addiction. As opulently as in any form of gambling, CS:GO Gambling http://nancyeledford.com/__media__/js/n ... sites.html can beguile to the incident of gambling addiction and destruction of supervise throughout the scheme course of action.
2. Difficulties with the law. Some forms of CS:SUITABLE FOR Gambling could be interdicted depending on the dominion, which may lead to licit problems.
3. Flimflammer and deception. There is a peril of encountering cheaters or deceitful http://ve1aw.top/__media__/js/netsoltra ... ite_1.html services, which may lead to the extermination of skins either private information.

CS:ACQUIESCE TO Gambling has both encouraging and negative sides. Important retain beside executive frolic and leadership to the ground your deeds. If a sportswoman understands the risks and is changed on them, then CS:RUN Gambling can be an interesting and fun experience. On the other hand, it is recommended to be circumspect and impartially evaluate your capabilities.
Russellfab

csgo gambling no place required

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 am

CS:EXTEND Gambling is a brand of gambling that has befit famous quantity Counter-Strike: Far-reaching Discourteous players. In this collection we make look at the ranking nuances of CS:RETREAT Gambling, its cons and pros, and also pull to the gaming community.

CS:GO Gambling what is? http://www.residentialcreditsolutions.o ... sites.html This is a constitute of gambling in which participate skins (gutsy items) from the sport Counter-Strike: Worldwide Offensive. Players can stake skins on diversified gambling games such as roulette, craps, reveal all games and others. If the player wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

1. Fun aspect. In search various players, http://pjw-law.com/__media__/js/netsolt ... bsite.html CS:GO Gambling is presented as entertaining moving of entertainment and nervousness.
2. Opportunity to win money. Some players rate CS:GO Gambling as a method of earning skins or shekels around conquering bets.
3. Progress of communication. CS:GO Gambling can aid strengthening bonds between players because it is a unexceptional область of interest.

1. Risk of addiction. As spout as in any form of gambling, CS:MOVE AHEAD Gambling http://baseballalum.com/__media__/js/ne ... sites.html can bring to the phenomenon of gambling addiction and destruction of supervise over the meet function.
2. Difficulties with the law. Some forms of CS:BECOME Gambling may be crooked depending on the prerogative, which may convince to licit problems.
3. Trick and deception. There is a peril of encountering cheaters or negligent http://cameronashby.net/__media__/js/ne ... amble.html services, which may come to the trouncing debits of skins either private info.

CS:ACQUIESCE TO Gambling has both persuasive and disputatious sides. Noted support in dislike give reliable have fun and command once more your own actions. If a better is hep of the dangers and is microwave-ready on them, then CS:WALK OUT Gambling peradventure an fun and entertaining experience. Differently, it is recommended to be careful and impartially appraise your capabilities.
Russellfab

cs:stretch stake website

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:14 am

CS:COMMUNICATE WITH Gambling is a pose of gambling that has grace in vogue quantity Counter-Strike: Universal Offensive players. In this dispatch we make look at the main aspects of CS:BE DISMISSED Gambling, its cons and pros, and also bump to the gaming community.

CS:GO Gambling what is? http://victoriahaganinc.info/__media__/ ... bsite.html This is a system of gambling in which participate skins (gutsy items) from the sport Counter-Strike: Pandemic Offensive. Players can hazard skins on various gambling jocularity including roulette, craps, reveal all games and others. If the player wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

1. Entertainment nuance. Championing most players, http://waterjetcollective.org/__media__ ... sites.html CS:WHIRL Gambling is presented as entertaining moving of pastime and excitement.
2. Opening to win money. Some players look at CS:TO Gambling as a method of earning skins or funds past winning bets.
3. Progress of communication. CS:GO Gambling can hype strengthening bonds between players because it is a average область of interest.

1. Hazard of addiction. As well as in any character of gambling, CS:MOVE AHEAD Gambling http://flcrsi.com/__media__/js/netsoltr ... bsite.html can bring to the development of gambling addiction and loss of curb throughout the game activity.
2. Problems with the law. Some forms of CS:ADVANCE Gambling could be interdicted depending on the ascendancy, which may head up to licit problems.
3. Dodge and deception. There is a risk of encountering scammers or deceptive http://12808gallahanroadllc.com/__media ... bling.html services, which may lead to the loss of skins either personal message.

CS:BE DEFEATED Gambling has both positive and negative sides. Important remember to reliable fun and command to the ground your actions. If a better understands the risks and is oven-ready pro them, then CS:TO Gambling it is possible that an provocative and enjoyment experience. In another situation, it is recommended to be careful and objectively figure your abilities.
Russellfab

steam cs go gambling

Postby Russellfab » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:15 am

CS:COMMUNICATE WITH Gambling is a form of gambling that has become praiseworthy to each Counter-Strike: Global Discourteous players. In this collection we make look at the line aspects of CS:BE DISMISSED Gambling, its pros and cons, also crashing to the gaming community.

CS:GO Gambling is this? http://toyotaoflittlerock.net/__media__ ... ite_1.html This is a constitute of gambling in which participate skins (quarry items) from the joy Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Players can bet skins on several gambling games such as roulette, craps, behave games and others. If the player wins, he receives additional skins, and if he loses, he loses his bets.

1. Fun nuance. Seeking many players, http://preferredapplianceparts.com/__me ... -csgo.html CS:GO Gambling is presented as provocative means of amusement and ardor.
2. Opportunity to net money. Some players survey CS:WORK Gambling as a method of earning skins either the ready around conquering bets.
3. Progress of communication. CS:SURVIVE Gambling can promote strengthening bonds between players because it is a common area of interest.

1. Imperil of addiction. As well as in any formation of gambling, CS:MOVE AHEAD Gambling http://sloanebrownbaltimore.com/__media ... tes_1.html can beguile to the incident of gambling addiction and sacrifice of curb beyond the regatta activity.
2. Problems with the law. Some forms of CS:SUITABLE FOR Gambling may be crooked highly dependent on the ascendancy, which may head up to acceptable problems.
3. Trick and deception. There is a risk of encountering cheaters or counterfeit http://www.dakotaassetservices.com/__me ... amble.html services, which may come to the extermination of skins either intimate message.

CS:GO Gambling has both persuasive and negative sides. Eminent keep in mind give dependable have fun and command over your deeds. If a sportswoman is apprised of the risks and is changed for them, then CS:GO Gambling peradventure an pleasurable and fun experience. Differently, it is recommended to be considerate and objectively evaluate your abilities.
Russellfab

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION