NCARB final review and transmittal timeline?

Re: NCARB final review and transmittal timeline?

Postby Kiedys.Zdam. » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 am

My experience:

August 12th last exam
August 19th last pass

..... few phone calls to ncarb and NYSED and contradicting information every time I called.....
One form for NYSED needed to be resent in meanwhile

September 6th - my last name and license number popped up on the verification website and after I came home there was mail waiting with the license documents.

Total 18 days from pass to license in my hand in NY State.
Kiedys.Zdam.

Postby mdall84 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 am

Wow! Great turn around Kiedys.Zdam .... I took my last exam on July 13th and still don't have my license number. I got my email this morning saying everything has been reviewed and approved for licensure, but its been a long journey. I was as squeaky of a wheel with NYS and NCARB as i could possibly be, but I guess it really is luck of the draw.
mdall84

Postby rwwon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Received my NCARB Certification, which was more inline with the experience everyone else here has. I was told that it would take a month. Called a month later and said I was calling after waiting a month. I was emailed my Cert. number within an hour. I think they just sit on it until you bug them lol.
rwwon

Postby duck35 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:22 am

Took my last test first Monday in October. got the pass back a week and half later. a week later got a notification that NCARB was formally reviewing my record. a week after that I got notification it was approved. next day they sent my info to my (direct registration) state and told me they were doing so. so it's been about a month since my final test. Now it's up to my state.
duck35

Postby professorcornbread » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 am

Just yesterday I got an email notification from NCARB that they are transmitting my records to my state...3 weeks after I received my license and 2 months after my last pass.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
professorcornbread

Postby jcstres » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:36 am

Here's my experience thus far...

Dec. 20 - final test
Dec. 29 - Received Pass score
Dec. 30 - Email from NCARB indicating that they are reviewing record
Dec. 30 - Emailed NCARB asking if I need to do anything else
Jan. 5 - Reply from NCARB saying process can take 30 business days
Jan. 18 - Called NCARB to check status - NCARB says it could take up to 30 business days to review and another 10 business days to send it to the state.
Jan. 18 - *Facepalm*
jcstres

Postby Halsey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 pm

December 16th - Received final pass.
January 19th - NCARB Transmittal of Record to state.
State confirmed receipt and has everything they need. (State had everything they need aside from the NCARB record a week after the pass)
State is saying it takes 3 more weeks to process......it will be about 2 months waiting...
Halsey

Postby shortindiangirl » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Anyone have any experience with Missouri ? I understand from reading this thread that the timelines depend on the volume of applications at the time that ours is submitted, but wondering if anyone from Missouri can share their experience.

I am also wondering if one's presence is required, for example for some notarization of signature etc. The application form from the State website suggests that it has to be notarized, but the NCARB automated process doesn't indicate any such thing, making the whole thing seem automatic, except for phone call reminders that several people reference.

I took all my exams except for 1 in Missouri, and all my AXP / IDP was completed in Missouri. However, I now live abroad, but have a local Missouri address.
So I am asking these questions to try to figure out if that may cause any complications. Thank you in advance for any tips or advice.
shortindiangirl

Postby jcstres » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 am

jcstres wrote:Here's my experience thus far...

Dec. 20 - final test
Dec. 29 - Received Pass score
Dec. 30 - Email from NCARB indicating that they are reviewing record
Dec. 30 - Emailed NCARB asking if I need to do anything else
Jan. 5 - Reply from NCARB saying process can take 30 business days
Jan. 18 - Called NCARB to check status - NCARB says it could take up to 30 business days to review and another 10 business days to send it to the state.
Jan. 18 - *Facepalm*

UPDATE:

Feb. 2 - Emailed NCARB again asking about review status
Feb. 5 - Received email from NCARB that record is reviewed and will take 7-10 business days to send to state
Feb. 7 - reply to NCARB asking status of sending to state
Feb. 7 - email from NCARB saying record has been sent to state
Feb. 7 - emailed state to confirm NCARB sent record
Feb. 7 - state emails back with license number

Now just waiting on the NCARB certificate.
jcstres

Postby thevegasgonzos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 am

Has anyone had any experience with NCARB and Colorado in getting their license thru education and experience? I'm trying to gauge timeline from last test results and actually getting the license. Thanks!
thevegasgonzos

Postby sirspens » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 am

I posted a topic on the NCARB 5.0 Community forum expressing confusion about this process after reading this thread, many others, and not finding any solid information on the NCARB website. Here is what they told me:

The process is basically automated these days. A day or two after getting your final "pass" notification, and assuming you have finished IDP/AXP, you will get an email from NCARB saying "congratulations you have completed all requirements..." yada yada. At that point you are put in a queue for your entire record to be reviewed to ensure that you meet the requirements of your jurisdiction before records are sent to your jurisdiction. This process takes "30 business days." Once your record has been approved you are put in a queue to have your record sent to your state. This process takes "10 to 14 business days."

Take the time frames for what you will. This is NCARB, and you have read this thread. It seems that people experience anything from having this process take a couple of days to it dragging out for months.

I am getting my license through experience and examination, NOT with an accredited degree, so I asked if this would cause my record not to automatically enter the system. She said no. However, she also recommended following up with customer service once you get your final test score to make sure you are in the queue. I don't know if she was saying this unique to me, or that everyone should do this.

One thing I forgot to ask about was how the Direct Registration Program affects any of this. My state, Arizona, uses the direct registration program. And the NCARB website on the program doesn't really make clear how it affects the process for candidates. http://www.ncarb.org/ARE/Getting-Started-With-the-ARE/Direct-Registration-Program.aspx
sirspens

Postby jml446 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Latest New York State timeline:

01/21 - Last Test
01/27 - Last Pass
01/29 - NCARB emails about completing AXP & ARE
[bi-weekly calls to NCARB]
03/03 - NCARB emails about sending Record
03/07 - NCARB actually sends record
03/07 - NYS confirms receiving record
03/22 - NYS Board emails about being recommened for licensure
03/28 - NYS finally posts License # to their website
jml446

Postby jspruit » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:15 am

Here is my ongoing registration timeline for New York (with jurisdiction change and with international address) :

04/20 - Last Test
04/22 - Last Pass
04/23 - NCARB emails about completing AXP & ARE
05/11 - Form 1 application sent to NYS (weekly calls to NYS)
06/01 - NYS confirms they have processed Form 1 application
06/06 - NCARB asks for email from NYS to confirm change of jurisdiction to NYS
06/08 - request to change jurisdiction to NY approved by NYS and then forwarded to NCARB
06/13 - NCARB confirms receipt of request to change jurisdiction (daily calls to NYS)
06/15 - NCARB emails about sending record to NYS
06/20 - NCARB emails about actually sending record to NYS
06/22 - NYS confirms receiving record (weekly calls to NYS)
07/14 - NYS Board emails about being recommended for licensure
????? - waiting for NYS to post License # to their website (will update when received)
jspruit

Postby charmedserenity3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 am

To add to the Mix: My current experience with NYS: Will update when the torturers give me more information.

Last Pass: 12/31/16
IDP Completed and Signed off on: 6/24/17
Email the state make sure they have everything. Email telling me that once they receive my NCARB record it will be put in the cue for review: 6/27/17
Record Transmitted to State: 7/6/17
Wait two weeks and then call to check up. Even though NCARB tells me that my record was opened and reviewed on the 6th, it is not added to my state record until: 7/24/17 (What the hell, so you read it but can't take 2 seconds to add it to my record and put it in the cue?)
Email showing recommendation for license: 8/7/17 (I called them mid way to nag and remind them that they screwed up my application)
License # online: 8/9/17
Happy to be done! WOO!!!
Last edited by charmedserenity3 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
charmedserenity3

Postby jspruit » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:13 am

jspruit wrote:Here is my ongoing registration timeline for New York (with jurisdiction change and with international address) :

04/20 - Last Test
04/22 - Last Pass
04/23 - NCARB emails about completing AXP & ARE
05/11 - Form 1 application sent to NYS (weekly calls to NYS)
06/01 - NYS confirms they have processed Form 1 application
06/06 - NCARB asks for email from NYS to confirm change of jurisdiction to NYS
06/08 - request to change jurisdiction to NY approved by NYS and then forwarded to NCARB
06/13 - NCARB confirms receipt of request to change jurisdiction (daily calls to NYS)
06/15 - NCARB emails about sending record to NYS
06/20 - NCARB emails about actually sending record to NYS
06/22 - NYS confirms receiving record (weekly calls to NYS)
07/14 - NYS Board emails about being recommended for licensure
07/31 - NYS posts License # to their website (after email & phone call reminder from me)

Updated with final License # info from NYS above! All done with NYS hopefully!
jspruit

Postby and_while » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am

Compared to others here, it sounds like my experience is on the longer end for NYS...
Finished AXP in August of 2016; finished ARE in October of 2016; met NYSED experience requirement in June 2017.

6/16/17 - Requested NCARB transmittal
6/22/17 - Received NCARB transmittal confirmation
6/23/17 - NYS confirmed receipt of NCARB record
7/7/17 - NCARB re-transmitted AXP portion of record because initial transmittal included a DIFFERENT person's (!) (and I lose my place in NYS' review line)
7/13/17 - I learn of NCARB's mistake when I call NYS to check in
7/17/17 - NCARB re-transmitted my entire record (without my consent) after I emailed customer support to confirm that they had sent everything my state needed. (I lose my place in NYS' review line again)
7/20/17 - NYS reviewed my experience and asked for clarification from my current supervisor; supervisor responds on 6/21/17 and I'm sent to the end of the queue again!
7/25/17 - NYS emails me saying they received my supervisor's response, and I should expect to hear back in another 3-4 weeks!
8/4/17 - Called NYS to check in; was told my application was in 'final review' and I should expect an email in one week.
8/7/17 - Received email about being recommended for licensure.
8/11/17 - Called NYS after seeing that charmedserenity3 (who received the licensure recommendation email on the same day as me) was licensed on 8/9/17. Was told I am now in the "licensing queue," and should expect to see my license number "next week," with paper certificate to follow 7-10 business days afterwards.
8/14/17 - Still waiting... at the end of this week, it will have been 2 months from the start of the transmittal process for me. Hopefully I will have received the license number by then?

Lots of waiting... not sure where things went wrong for me/why others' wait times were shorter...
and_while

Postby ccolley12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm

June 22, 2017 notified of my final passing exam
June 24, 2017 NCARB sends the congratulations email
August 1, 2017 NCARB transmits my record to WA
August 1, 2017 WA issues my license number

I applied for my license in early July, probably right after the 4th. So everything was filed and paid for from the State's perspective. They were just waiting on NCARB.
ccolley12

Postby arearcher » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Late August. ARE Final Completion Date
9/9. NCARB sends congratulatory email on passing final ARE. Record placed in queue to review.
9/22. Called NCARB to check status. I was informed my record has not yet been placed in the review queue. The rep was really polite and reviewed my record the same day.
9/26. Called my state licensing board. He told me to expect a 5-10 week wait to process my application.
9/27. Notification NCARB record transmitted to state.
.Weekly phone calls to MA DPL.
12/4. License!
Last edited by arearcher on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 am, edited 17 times in total.
arearcher

Postby less_than_four » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 pm

6.21 - Finished IDP hours after having finished my last ARE division in December. Immediately get email from NCARB saying that they will be reviewing my NCARB record and that it could take up to 30 days before that process is completed, followed by another 7-10 days to actually send it to my state board (AZ).
~ I was patient for about 3 weeks before I finally read a bunch of forum posts and decided to call NCARB to inquire my status. I then called every week after just to see if I would get a different response. After 30 business days had passed, I was done being patient. They kept telling me it was in the queue and they apologized for the wait. In the last week I called every other day because they told me that they were going to hand it off to the reviewer and see if they could get it done that same day since I had waited an unusually long time. After the third call that week, an hour later...
9.7 - I finally get an email saying that they have completed the review and will be sending my NCARB record within 7-10 business days.
Today - 9.18 - Still no confirmation the NCARB record has been sent. This Thursday will be 10 business days since the review was completed. I think I will unfortunately have to call them multiple times this week again just to hit the SEND button.

For anyone that is having delays in their record being reviewed/transmitted, don't be shy about calling NCARB. It's been pretty clear to me that the only way for them to actually get stuff done is if they are politely pestered about it and often.

EDIT: Today, 9.20, I called NCARB again this morning as we neared business day 9 of waiting for the record to be transmitted to my state board. Turned out that my record was in the queue to be transmitted by the end of the day - what timing! About 5 hours later I received an email from NCARB saying they had sent my record to the state board. Hopefully won't be long for the state board to review and issue my license since they've had everything else for over 2 months.
less_than_four

Postby less_than_four » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 am

Update to my last post: 2 months and 4 days after I submitted my final hours, I was notified by the state board that my application was complete and had been processed. Hard copy license to come in the mail shortly, but I checked the online database just to be sure. My name and license number are there. More anticlimactic than I thought it would be but I'm happy and relieved to have finished it. Good luck to everyone as they head down the stretch!
less_than_four

Postby arearcher » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:34 am

Has anyone here applied for a license through Massachusetts? How long did you wait?

Monday will be 10 weeks after submitting my application. Every few weeks I check in with the person who processes the applications and get a reply that there's ~100 ahead of me. I got his coworker on the phone a week ago who told me everything was complete in mid-October but that only the other guy was authorized to submit it.
Last edited by arearcher on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
arearcher

Postby raaz227 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 pm

10/26/17: got my last pass
10/27/17: congratulatory email from NCARB
11/3/17: called NCARB for status, got an email saying my record had been reviewed and will be sent to state.
11/13/17: called again to see if record had been sent since I did not get an email. Told me 7-10 days from Review.
11/17/17: called back, said it would be sent today. Got an email hours later that the record had been sent. State followed up and hour later with my registration number and asked me to fill out the online application and pay the fee. Just waiting for the system to update.

UPDATE:
11/20/2017: Received my license today! My state does everything electronically. Much faster than expected.

:D
raaz227

Postby slap_back05 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 am

In Illinois, mine took 39 days from my final Pass notification to receiving my link to my license # and to print my own license...
slap_back05

Postby iDefy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:55 am

@shortindiangirl am trying to get in touch with you about something we discussed back in 2015 on this forum. I have sent you a private message too. I hope you got that. Thanks

shortindiangirl wrote:Anyone have any experience with Missouri ? I understand from reading this thread that the timelines depend on the volume of applications at the time that ours is submitted, but wondering if anyone from Missouri can share their experience.

I am also wondering if one's presence is required, for example for some notarization of signature etc. The application form from the State website suggests that it has to be notarized, but the NCARB automated process doesn't indicate any such thing, making the whole thing seem automatic, except for phone call reminders that several people reference.

I took all my exams except for 1 in Missouri, and all my AXP / IDP was completed in Missouri. However, I now live abroad, but have a local Missouri address.
So I am asking these questions to try to figure out if that may cause any complications. Thank you in advance for any tips or advice.
iDefy

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION