Dyson toilet room products

Dyson toilet room products

Postby Coach » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:56 pm

This is a rant and I hope you guys take heed and convince your bosses and clients to not specify or accept dyson products.

I've always hated this hunk of junk:

Even though I usually prefer paper towels, at least air dyers are no-touch. Well this one isn't. Unless you have trump-sized hands and really pay attention, you're not getting your hands dry without a lot of touching.

Then yesterday I ran into this piece of shit for the first time:

When I wanted water, I got air. The guy next to me wanted air, and got water. Luckily, I was at Phil's BBQ where they have a hand washing station (first time I've seen that in a restaurant.) So I left the bathroom with soapy hands and took care of business at the washing station with, thankfully, normal taps and paper towels. The other guy did the same thing.

As I was rinsing my hands, I though to myself, "that has to be a dyson". Sure enough, a quick search on my phone told me I was correct.

So, I'm on a mission. NO DYSON IN BUILDINGS!

The products are shit and you pay a hefty premium for the privilege. Specifying them is malpractice.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Dyson toilet room products

Postby kerzzo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 pm

thanks for the advice. this review is pretty helpful.
kerzzo

Postby cloudyy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:04 pm

I haven't used that sink unit but I actually like the dyson airblade (and their various copycats). I find it very effective at quickly drying. Yeah you kinda have to look out...but for the 10 seconds it takes where else are your eyes wandering in the bathroom...??
cloudyy

Postby nickedemus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:42 am

I encountered a Dyson hand-dryer just this past week. It was a little different than the one you have posted here. Pretty disappointing. Didn't dry my hands nearly as well as other hand-dryers.
nickedemus

Postby ciarar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm

I have a different reason for boycotting Dyson. Years back a friend of my sister had a terminally ill child who was obsessed with vacuuming. Strange, I know but I have come across another kid with a similar hobby. He would visit family friends and ask to play with their vacuum cleaner. They asked Dyson if they could bring their child to the factory to show him where they were made and give him a thrill. Dyson refused. I know there was probably a room full of lawyers and insurance agents having meltdowns about the prospect of a kid in the factory. But it was a heartless decision to me so I will never consider them.
ciarar

Postby vrcat25 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I have the dyson animal series and I'll never go with a any other. The brush cleaner broke after 4 years and they replaced not questions asked.

I also had the pleasure of using one of their hand dryers and it worked like a charm, in a highly used airport bathroom.
vrcat25

Postby vrcat25 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 pm

I understand Coach's complaint about trying to get your hands in there without touching though.
vrcat25

Postby rwwon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 am

We're all paper products in my neck of the woods. We prefer to kill the environment with our wet hands than dink around with that hot-air garbage.
rwwon

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION