Yes, you CAN use the keypad for calculator input

Yes, you CAN use the keypad for calculator input

Postby tdmiller » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 pm

Quick public service announcement.

I've seen a few people mention on here that they were frustrated with having to click every individual number when using the calculator. I took PPD Monday (passed by the way), and went in with the understanding that I would have to be clicking numbers with the mouse. On a whim I attempted to type in some numbers for a calc, and lo and behold it worked just fine. I'm not sure if it's something that NCARB has resolved recently, or if it was just user error for those who have struggled with it.

Just wanted to share so people know they have that functionality. I'll do a little write-up on my PPD/PDD experience after I get through PDD on Tuesday.
tdmiller

Re: Yes, you CAN use the keypad for calculator input

Postby vrcat25 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

tdmiller wrote:Quick public service announcement.

I've seen a few people mention on here that they were frustrated with having to click every individual number when using the calculator. I took PPD Monday (passed by the way), and went in with the understanding that I would have to be clicking numbers with the mouse. On a whim I attempted to type in some numbers for a calc, and lo and behold it worked just fine. I'm not sure if it's something that NCARB has resolved recently, or if it was just user error for those who have struggled with it.

Just wanted to share so people know they have that functionality. I'll do a little write-up on my PPD/PDD experience after I get through PDD on Tuesday.

That is correct. This was updated months ago and most of the messages you read were probably before this change was implemented. Now if they would only fix the scale factor. Some of the questions are WAY TOO SMALL! Do you know if those were fixed? I tested 3 months ago and i'm hoping they have fixed this problem.
vrcat25

Re: Yes, you CAN use the keypad for calculator input

Postby tdmiller » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Now if they would only fix the scale factor. Some of the questions are WAY TOO SMALL! Do you know if those were fixed? I tested 3 months ago and i'm hoping they have fixed this problem.

I don't think I was able to zoom in at all on the hotspot/graphical questions. Some were acceptable scale, some definitely felt too small. Seems like they would be able to use the same zoom functionality as the Case Studies, but it looks like they haven't implemented that.
tdmiller

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design