IL- First Try, Some Questions, Please Help.

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL- First Try, Some Questions, Please Help.

Postby demolina » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Hey guys, this is my first attempt with the IL (Testing Friday). As I was solving I came across a few questions which I have circled in red.
First: Can the turning radius be located in door swing?
Second: I've seen a few solutions that don't give the full 36" behind the executive chairs @ desks. Is this correct or can I push the 36" to go up against the edge of the desk instead of the chair.
Third: in LCR, do all chairs, all around the table need to have a 36" clearance behind them? Or if (like the executive desks) is giving 36" from the table edge to wall sufficient? I mean in reality these chairs can probably be pushed into the table, but I know no assumptions can be made with NCARB so I just want to draw it like they want it.
Fourth: Can my secretary desks be layed out like I show them (front of desk facing each other)? Or do these areas need to be accessible as well.
Which brings me to my last question, if they do need to be accesible can I put them next to each other, as I show on the side of the screen? And if so, does the 36" once again need to be from the back of chair to edge of second desk or can I bring those closer together?

Thank you in advance, guys!! I am seeing that I'm super slow at this one, I hope I get faster before FRIDAY!! :shock: :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
demolina

Re: IL- First Try, Some Questions, Please Help.

Postby Coach » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 pm

demolina wrote:First: Can the turning radius be located in door swing?

It should be avoided.

Second: I've seen a few solutions that don't give the full 36" behind the executive chairs @ desks. Is this correct or can I push the 36" to go up against the edge of the desk instead of the chair.

It depends on whether or not you need to get past the chair to access something else.

Third: in LCR, do all chairs, all around the table need to have a 36" clearance behind them? Or if (like the executive desks) is giving 36" from the table edge to wall sufficient?

Access must be provided to everything on the room. Middle east chair is inaccessible.

Fourth: Can my secretary desks be layed out like I show them (front of desk facing each other)?

Why not? If secdesk can face a wall it can face anything else.

Which brings me to my last question, if they do need to be accesible can I put them next to each other, as I show on the side of the screen? And if so, does the 36" once again need to be from the back of chair to edge of second desk or can I bring those closer together?

Access to front of secdesk is not required.

Southwest T44 inaccessible.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby demolina » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you Coach! I'll keep working on this with your comments.
demolina

Postby cabara01 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Super helpful questions and comments! Thank you!
cabara01

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN