Questionable Pass Rates for ARE 5.0

Questionable Pass Rates for ARE 5.0

Postby vrcat25 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 am

NCARB has finally posted the pass rates for 5.0 and they are VERY questionable. For one, my university wasn't even listed and i'm certain that a few student took tests in 5.0.

Is there any way to have an audit performed? I have reason to believe that the pass rates are even lower than the 47% for PM, 50% for PPD and 56% for PDD. That being said, the pass rates show that around 50% fail 5.0 tests and that the pass rates are lower than with 4.0, as expected. I'm sure they will blame study material, but they really need to make an effort to look at the feedback, if they want to improve this test. I'm seriously consider seeking council over this. These tests are TOTALLY unfair, ambiguous and subjective. I'm worried that i may take this test 5 times in a row and still get the same poorly worded "best guess" questions.
vrcat25

Re: Questionable Pass Rates for ARE 5.0

Postby tatamin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:38 pm

They are really low numbers. Sounds like impossible to pass. Unbelievable! Can't understand NCARB at all!

-tatamin
tatamin

Re: Questionable Pass Rates for ARE 5.0

Postby kerzzo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:09 pm

I think the most accurate one is the 47% for all categories and it is clearly understood as for example you can find in this forum. I don't think I will hear back from NCARB soon, but i sent all my questions. reagrdless, ebven those percentages above 50% are very low----
kerzzo

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION