TWE

TWE

Postby cianchetta0 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:49 am

The 2017 Ultimate Whole Enchilada is selling for 179.99 on Doucette's website.

I just passed my last ARE and will be studying for the CSE now. It appears people mainly use TWE/OMCES with the added WOO/Chen exams. Would anyone else concur with that statement?
cianchetta0

Re: TWE

Postby gbalaka » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:33 am

TWE is a great resource and you will understand the main concepts behind all the agencies, legislature, regulations, etc.
TWE has links to all the various websites, so you can read up more on plenty of topics.

However, TWE did not adequately prepare me for the exam as I got one of those exams full of minutia and was puzzled by most of the questions. It is my understanding that the WOO / Chen exam goes a bit more into real-life scenarios and I intend to also use that material for the retake (especially the practice questions). I haven't started reading that yet.

But anyways.....that's just my experience. There are plenty of people who have passed the exam by only using TWE....it really comes down to the exam you get.

Also, TWE Facebook group is quite a helpful resource.

Hope this helps.
gbalaka

Postby cianchetta0 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:52 pm

gbalaka wrote:TWE is a great resource and you will understand the main concepts behind all the agencies, legislature, regulations, etc.
TWE has links to all the various websites, so you can read up more on plenty of topics.

However, TWE did not adequately prepare me for the exam as I got one of those exams full of minutia and was puzzled by most of the questions. It is my understanding that the WOO / Chen exam goes a bit more into real-life scenarios and I intend to also use that material for the retake (especially the practice questions). I haven't started reading that yet.

But anyways.....that's just my experience. There are plenty of people who have passed the exam by only using TWE....it really comes down to the exam you get.

Also, TWE Facebook group is quite a helpful resource.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!
cianchetta0

Postby standard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

There are really just two main components to this exam. (1) The California related regulations and (2) knowing the practice of architecture. The exam itself is just a task to show you know your stuff.

That said - TWE is mostly only good for the California specific stuff. The best way to prepare for the other is not by just studying.
standard

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM