matching content from 4.0 Ballast to 5.0 Handbook objectives

matching content from 4.0 Ballast to 5.0 Handbook objectives

Postby cconradARE » Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Hey all!
I've passed CDS, SPD, PPP, & SD (all completed a year ago) and I'm now considering a transition to 5.0.... (which I once said I'd never do.)

Based on some of the comments about limited study materials that exist, I was thinking I might study for PPD & PDD using my 4.0 Ballast & NALSA flashcards (among other resources) in order to avoid buying redistributed 5.0 content. My hope would be that I would not have to purchase anything new if I make the transition. Has anyone attempted to go through the 5.0 handbook, objective by objective, to match with appropriate sections of 4.0 Ballast content? Is there a forum string or website I am missing that takes a stab at it already?

Thanks so much!
cconradARE

Re: matching content from 4.0 Ballast to 5.0 Handbook object

Postby vrcat25 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 am

cconradARE wrote:Hey all!
I've passed CDS, SPD, PPP, & SD (all completed a year ago) and I'm now considering a transition to 5.0.... (which I once said I'd never do.)

Based on some of the comments about limited study materials that exist, I was thinking I might study for PPD & PDD using my 4.0 Ballast & NALSA flashcards (among other resources) in order to avoid buying redistributed 5.0 content. My hope would be that I would not have to purchase anything new if I make the transition. Has anyone attempted to go through the 5.0 handbook, objective by objective, to match with appropriate sections of 4.0 Ballast content? Is there a forum string or website I am missing that takes a stab at it already?

Thanks so much!

I think you are making the right call...From what i've gathered, the people that have a hard time with 5.0, probably would have had just as difficult a time, if not more so, with 4.0 (BS, SS, BDCS). There are so many study sources already that the problem is not finding more, it's reducing the amount of study material and focusing on what works for you. I can't say for sure, but i have heard that the MC questions are similar to what you would expect for BS, BDCS and SS, only it's dispersed thru out PPD and PDD with less concentration on 1 division. As far as the handbook, I've heard people that have said it's a "joke" and that it doesn't help much. Personally, I read/studied the whole 170 page handbook in one day, last sunday and i can understand why people may feel that way since it seemed to be pretty easy. I can't imagine the test will be as easy, but i'm not relying on it much in preparation for the test. i'm studying ARE sample problems, MEEB, Buidling Construction Illustrated by Ching along with Jenny's notes for SS, BS and BDCS. Also, Mike's link on ARE coach has some good notes for SS. As far as your question about matching it section by section, it's basically every chapter within, but more focused on BS, SS and BDCS.
vrcat25

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design