Has anyone taken PjM?

Has anyone taken PjM?

Postby ina123 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Has anyone taken this test?

Any study tips on areas to focus in particular that you wish you would have looked at more before going into the exam? I am scheduled for March 14th. Eeeek!

Any pointers are appreciated! Thanks!
ina123

Re: Has anyone taken PjM?

Postby gemling » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Yep. I only studied for a couple weeks for it but I focused on the contracts. I used the Ballast 5.0 practice exam and looked up whatever I didn't quite get in ASHPP. I am glad I did, the test seemed to be VERY much aligned with the ASHPP. You might not have time but the Schiff Hardin lecutres are good for this exam. I wish I had time to listen more. I only had time when I was doing laundry or driving. Understand delivery methods, scheduling techniques and spec sections.

As I was studying for this one, I noticed in the objectives that the CE exam had similar study material so I signed up to take CE the same day as PjM. I don't know if that is a good idea but definitely close together. Maybe a few days or a week apart.
gemling

Postby Sarcasmo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 pm

So, ina123 -- how did it go?
---------------------------------------
gemling -- good tips. Most of the feedback seems to align with your thoughts -- particularly that the AHPP seems to be the primary study source of choice. I'm currently hammering through the AHPP -- many, many pages. Since the firms I've worked for have done very haphazard Project Work Planning, I needed to study some additional scheduling / budgeting material. Frankly, the rest of the reading in AHPP seemed like review reading.

I'm envious that you knocked out studying in two weeks! There is a lot of overlap from CE, but so far I've been reading all of the overlapping chapters anyway. I will likely shorten my study time for PcM.

What have you taken so far? Just CE for me, with PjM on April 7.
Sarcasmo

Postby gemling » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Sarcasmo, I have taken them all. I was determined to get the incentives on all 6 tests. After looking at my exam schedule, I only studied for PjM and CE together for a week. For what I call the 3 "business" related exams, PcM, PjM and CE I had the benefit of just graduating from going back to school for my Masters so I just took Pro-Practice classes which were based on ASHPP. I studied for PcM for a solid month which has a lot of overlap so that helped. Score reports come in early May and we will see if I snuck in any passes.

My testing schedule:

PPD 01/30/17 (test crashed)
PcM 01/31/17
PjM 02/06/17
CE 02/06/17
PDD 02/27/17
PA 02/28/17
PPD 03/13/17 (retake) PASS!

Good luck to you on PjM!
gemling

Postby Sarcasmo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 am

gemling -- awesome that you knocked them all out already. Hopefully it's just a matter of enjoying getting your PASS letters now.

Man, you really crammed them into a short time span. The two-in-one day thing you did -- wow.

Thanks for the info on your study strategy / schedule!
Sarcasmo

Return to PjM - Project Management