Pass!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Pass!

Postby graphics » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 am

I took the exam exactly 2 weeks back and heard back with a pass letter. This was my 6th exam and I thought it was, like others have said, more straightforward than most of the others I have taken. Lot of the questions judged basic understanding of the concepts. There were a few calculations, but except for one I thought they were not too complicated. I came out of the exam feeling quite good about it, I have not felt as confident on the others which I passed as well and wondered if feeling overconfident could be a bad sign :).
Stuff I studied:
1. Ballast
2. Kaplan
3. ARE flashcards
4. MEEB (very less - only diagrams - but i do not remember getting many diagram questions in the test)

The vignette I thought was quite straightforward. I only practiced the NCARB practice vignette a couple of times and ofcourse all the comments/posts on this forum were immensely helpful! I did have return air grilles sharing one end with the light fixtures in a few places, as I couldnt find any better sopts for them while keeping the spacing right between diffusers and return air grills. I guess that was not a fatal mistake.

Thank you again for your help and time reviewing questions and posts.
graphics

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS