Building Systems vignette_4.0

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Building Systems vignette_4.0

Postby littlej » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 am

All,
Please review at your convenience...

I am, like many others, seem confounded by the accent lighting spacing.

The way I understand it is thus:
-determine the spacing based on the diagram...here it appears to be 2' from the wall, and therefore 4' between fixtures (or 2'3" O.C.).

What am I missing? I've read the FAQ for MEP. If I do as instructed, to overlap circles and place accent fixtures, then space between the west wall and edge of fixture is 1'6, less than the diagram and program requires (see first attachment). The west wall is (empirically) overlit. Considering the clunky nature of the software and worries others have stated concerning, 'one and done' mistakes, i.e. failing, I'm inclined to get more clarity here. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thank you,
j
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
littlej

Re: Building Systems vignette_4.0

Postby Coach » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:04 pm

littlej wrote:-determine the spacing based on the diagram...here it appears to be 2' from the wall, and therefore 4' between fixtures (or 2'3" O.C.).

The 2' is correct for the size of circle to use, but distance to wall and between lights will vary.

What am I missing? I've read the FAQ for MEP. If I do as instructed, to overlap circles and place accent fixtures, then space between the west wall and edge of fixture is 1'6, less than the diagram and program requires (see first attachment). The west wall is (empirically) overlit.

18" to wall is probably optimal. The program calls for a particular light level on the wall. The only way to achieve it is to place circle intersections at the wall.

The separate accent image is acceptable, accents in the complete plan are not.
Take ducts only a snap or two into risers.
Don't make flex an extension of rigid. (arch ofc)
Try to keep grilles 12" min from walls.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby littlej » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Coach,

Thanks for the thorough review. Here is the reworked attempt.

The southern most accent light in the AO is:

1'4" off the west wall, from center of fixture
2'0" off the southern wall, from center of fixture
3'0" center to center with next fixture

Should I be looking at this problem with more objectivity and looser rules? I failed this vignette with major deficiencies back in March and I am willing to stake that solution on the actual exam looked better than what I submitted to you earlier today...Let's just say my level of vigilance is high.

Thank you,

j
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
littlej

Postby Coach » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Looks good.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS