BS Vignette posted for comment

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS Vignette posted for comment

Postby monarc » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey, Thanks for setting this up in the interim while the ARE forum is down... Attached is a go at the BS exam. any thoughts are much appreciated. had some trouble figuring out the accent lights... is this an appropriate location? Also, is it wise to just pick the 2x2 lights from the start and make them work for every room to save time? any thoughts on the correct order of opperations would be helpful - this took a little longer than expected on the first attempt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monarc

Re: BS Vignette posted for comment

Postby monarc » Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

I can see already on re-review that i had a grid interference in the conference room - an easy thing not to see when the sketch lines are turned on. also, i've read via the dorfing books that we should leave all the layers on - it can be a little cluttered there too so i may try turning them off one by one at the end to check the grids and collisions.
monarc

Postby joak » Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 pm

just took this one last week - I would say that it is hard to tell if the accent lights are right without the sketch circles. Also, there has been discussion about this, but you should probably play it safe and have the returns touch the grid on three sides - you seem to have a few instances where they are only touching on two sides. You should also avoid placing the returns directly against the wall....

other than that it looks good....
joak

Postby monarc » Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks for the advice on returns- i've missed out on all the good discussion of BS tricks via the forum.
monarc

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS