Second Attempt - BS Vignette

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Second Attempt - BS Vignette

Postby sshust15 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey all! Second go at the vignette. Took the tips from my first attempt and gave myself a bit of a time crunch to see how quick I could get a layout in within minimal time. A couple things:

1. I have seen some vignettes with 2x4 fixtures in the file room. My first attempt did the same but I went with 2x2 for the second attempt. Can it go either way?
2. The returns need to be supported on three sides. Any issue with one of those sides being the light fixture or should it always be 3 sides of the ceiling grid itself?
3. Supply air should not be directly in front of a door. I feel like I am close with the drafting room's northern supplies and the architects office entry. What is a good distance to place them? Is this more a minor issue?

Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: Second Attempt - BS Vignette

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm

sshust15 wrote:1. I have seen some vignettes with 2x4 fixtures in the file room. My first attempt did the same but I went with 2x2 for the second attempt. Can it go either way?

2-2x4 is overlit, 1-2x4 is underlit. 2-2x2 is best.

2. The returns need to be supported on three sides. Any issue with one of those sides being the light fixture or should it always be 3 sides of the ceiling grid itself?

I don't think it's a problem because there has to be a cross tee at that location regardless -- but some disagree.

3. Supply air should not be directly in front of a door. I feel like I am close with the drafting room's northern supplies and the architects office entry. What is a good distance to place them? Is this more a minor issue?

Door and window locations are not a consideration at all.

Rigid south of riser and through closet can be deleted. Exit shaft to east.
Passable.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS