First Attempt - Building Systems

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

First Attempt - Building Systems

Postby sshust15 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Hey all! First go at the BS vignette. Let me know how it looks. A couple questions I have pertaining to the vignette:

1. How far should ducts extend beyond intersecting lines? On the attached, I have extended beyond the 2 branches that supply the diffusers but I also have it extended on the main line. Is this a no-no?
2.The can lights on the attached in the arch office have the smallest of gaps in the southwest corner. Should I tighten them up and add a 5th or keep with 4 and leave the gap?
3. If a plaster ceiling is shown on the plan, is there anything special I need to do to it other than place a light and HVAC equipment in there?
4. If I have to duct the returns, will best option be to align parallel with the supply or is a whole separate direction the best bet? Can the supply and return lines cross each other? If they do not give us duct dimensions and do not give us a plenum depth then I do not see why this would not be an option.
5. How far should the plenum return extend beyond the bearing wall?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: First Attempt - Building Systems

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:56 pm

sshust15 wrote:Hey all! First go at the BS vignette. Let me know how it looks. A couple questions I have pertaining to the vignette:

1. How far should ducts extend beyond intersecting lines? On the attached, I have extended beyond the 2 branches that supply the diffusers but I also have it extended on the main line. Is this a no-no?Doesn't matter. It's schematic, and not a drafting test.
2.The can lights on the attached in the arch office have the smallest of gaps in the southwest corner. Should I tighten them up and add a 5th or keep with 4 and leave the gap? Either way will work. It will never be perfect.
3. If a plaster ceiling is shown on the plan, is there anything special I need to do to it other than place a light and HVAC equipment in there? Plaster is unlikely, but gyp bd could be used. If so, no grid would be needed, but drawing one to use to place lights (then deleting it) would be helpful.
4. If I have to duct the returns, will best option be to align parallel with the supply or is a whole separate direction the best bet? ???Can the supply and return lines cross each other?Not recommended. Could be considered to be connected. If they do not give us duct dimensions and do not give us a plenum depth then I do not see why this would not be an option.
5. How far should the plenum return extend beyond the bearing wall? Doesn't matter.

Incorrect 2x4 light spacing in the architect's office.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS