Coach- Need Feedback on Are 4.0 Mech-Elec Vig.

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Coach- Need Feedback on Are 4.0 Mech-Elec Vig.

Postby ramizkhoda » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:28 am

Coach, here is my first try at the BS - Mech & Elec Plan Vignette. Questions:

1. Are my lights as shown sufficient? (Reception, Supply Clo. & Drafting Studio all have a 2'-4" perimeter wall distance from the lights and not 2'-0").

2. Is two-way branching allowed on the Supply Rigid Duct as shown past the Drafting Studio & Supply Closet?

3. Putting Three accent recessed lights the west wall, putting four over lights it. Is it acceptable as shown with four accent lights?

4. Is distance between Diffusers & Return Grills in all spaces acceptable?

5. Does this solution Pass???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramizkhoda

Re: Coach- Need Feedback on Are 4.0 Mech-Elec Vig.

Postby Coach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 pm

ramizkhoda wrote:1. Are my lights as shown sufficient? (Reception, Supply Clo. & Drafting Studio all have a 2'-4" perimeter wall distance from the lights and not 2'-0").

Max distance to wall = diagram + 12".

2. Is two-way branching allowed on the Supply Rigid Duct as shown past the Drafting Studio & Supply Closet?

Yes.

3. Putting Three accent recessed lights the west wall, putting four over lights it. Is it acceptable as shown with four accent lights?

Can't evaluate without sketch circles.

4. Is distance between Diffusers & Return Grills in all spaces acceptable?

Provide 4' min.

Incorrect 2x4 spacing.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby ramizkhoda » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:04 pm

I've adjusted the 2x4 spacing. Does this pass now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramizkhoda

Postby ramizkhoda » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm

PS:

Program says: The accent lights and recessed fluorescent fixtures in the Architect's Office "should not be considered in determining the uniform light distribution levels". Does that mean we can deviate from the spacing from the diagram and not worry about "hot spots" on walls as long as we achieve the minimum 80 foot-candles?
ramizkhoda

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:39 pm

ramizkhoda wrote:PS:

Program says: The accent lights and recessed fluorescent fixtures in the Architect's Office "should not be considered in determining the uniform light distribution levels". Does that mean we can deviate from the spacing from the diagram and not worry about "hot spots" on walls as long as we achieve the minimum 80 foot-candles?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1610
Sparky83

Postby ramizkhoda » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am

Coach, re-did this vignette again. There are two pages in the attachment, one clean and one with the sketch circles.

Questions:

1. Recessed Accent lights are currently shown 2 ft away from the west wall at Architect's office. Should I be bringing it closer to the wall?
2. Total flex duct (only one L-shaped on my plan) length is 9'-8" at the Conference Room North Diffuser. Is that OK?
3. Does this solution pass?
ramizkhoda

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:24 am

I'm not Coach, but.....
ramizkhoda wrote:Coach, re-did this vignette again. There are two pages in the attachment, one clean and one with the sketch circles.

Questions:

1. Recessed Accent lights are currently shown 2 ft away from the west wall at Architect's office. Should I be bringing it closer to the wall? doesn't work that way. See the link posted above.
2. Total flex duct (only one L-shaped on my plan) length is 9'-8" at the Conference Room North Diffuser. Is that OK? Yes
3. Does this solution pass?
Sparky83

Postby ramizkhoda » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 am

I see what you're saying....here is the revised one. My max. flex duct length is 10'-0". Does this look good now?
ramizkhoda

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS