Vignette Help

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Help

Postby dudao90 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello, I'm about to take the BS this Friday. This is the last test and I'd looked at vignette solutions during studies but tonight was the first time I logged into the system. The snapping in the program is really frustrating. I'd like to post a copy of my solution for feedback but I'm not seeing how to attach a picture. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
dudao90

Re: Vignette Help

Postby dudao90 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:00 pm

BS Vignette.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dudao90

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:28 am

Incorrect spacing for all 2x4 lights.
Inadequate accent lighting.
If you exit the supply riser to the east and connect to the north/south rigid along the west side of the studio, you can eliminate all of the rigid duct above the supply closet.
Sparky83

Postby dudao90 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks for the feedback! I struggled with the accent lighting, trying to space the fixtures 4ft from edge to edge. Looking at successful solutions afterward, I see I need to space them from a circle centered on the fixture and ensure they are overlapping at the surface of the wall. This will over-light a majority of the wall but make sure no area drops below the 80fc. 2x4's - I knew I had them too close but it matched the successful solution found on NCARB. Moving them 6 ft apart over-lights the wall. I assumed it was better to have a higher level in the room but it sounds like spacing rules.
One more run through it tonight and then the test is tomorrow.
dudao90

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 am

dudao90 wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I struggled with the accent lighting, trying to space the fixtures 4ft from edge to edge. Looking at successful solutions afterward, I see I need to space them from a circle centered on the fixture and ensure they are overlapping at the surface of the wall. This will over-light a majority of the wall but make sure no area drops below the 80fc. 2x4's - I knew I had them too close but it matched the successful solution found on NCARB. Moving them 6 ft apart over-lights the wall. I assumed it was better to have a higher level in the room but it sounds like spacing rules.
One more run through it tonight and then the test is tomorrow.

NCARB passing solutions contain errors. ALWAYS space lights according to the charts.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS