Passed !!!!!!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed !!!!!!

Postby Bmgurru » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am

:D :D Passed
Just wanted to say Thanks for all of the help and information out there in the forums. Not going to lie, this was one of the hardest and I passed on the 4th attempt. Here was my study method

Available notes for the forum ( Jenny's notes, etc. )
Amber book and Video series
MEEB and the MEEB chart pointing out what to study ( know the diagrams ! )
Ballast more so than Kaplan. Since I took the test more than once I got to know the type of questions on the test and found Ballast was closer than Kaplan for studying.
Last but not least since I work in an architecture firm and I reached out to a mechanical engineer we use alot for consulting. HVAC was the one sections I always failed in. We met several times for study sessions. Every time I tested myself, the questions I got wrong, I took to him and asked why. He was great in explaining items in laymans terms and that is what pushed me over the edge. So take advantage of other people's expertise !

Just want to say guys you can do this ! I am a working 40 yr old single mom that put career on a slow burner bc of the need to work for the necessities ( food, rent ) . With the uptick in the economy and jobs I was able to get back on track the past four years. Do not give up ! you got this !

Bmgurru

Re: Passed !!!!!!

Postby Archer40 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Congratulations!!
Archer40

Postby studio26 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Bmgurru,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be taking it the 4th time soon and reading your experience really helps!

What question banks did you use apart from Ballast and Kaplan? I want to take practice more questions but not sure which ones I should.

Thank you for your help!
studio26

Postby Bmgurru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 am

Hi
I used designer hacks. It is a great website and buying a lifetime access for a specific test is about 30 dollars. There are three sets 10 25 and 125 questions and the quiz had a learning mode that adapts to what you don’t know. At the end of each quiz there is an explanation and sometimes a link to the wrong answers. I highly recommend it. Good luck ! You can do this !
Bmgurru

Postby Bmgurru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 am

Thank you Archer 40!
Bmgurru

Postby Bmgurru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:53 am

Archer40 wrote:Congratulations!!

Thank you !
Bmgurru

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS