NCARB Vignette - First attempt

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette - First attempt

Postby kajmera » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi, this is my first attempt at the NCARB vignette. I have some questions:
- since the vignette says to use "recessed fluorescent fixtures", does it matter whether I use 2x2 or 2x4 fixtures? I realized I used different fixtures than NCARB solution, so just want to confirm.
- Is there any rule of thumb for how far the diffusers and return-grilles should be from the wall? Some of mine are very close to the wall.
- The rigid duct that connects to the return riser - is it basically supposed to come through the wall into any of the ceilings?
Any other feedback will be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmera

Re: NCARB Vignette - First attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 am

kajmera wrote:Hi, this is my first attempt at the NCARB vignette. I have some questions:
- since the vignette says to use "recessed fluorescent fixtures", does it matter whether I use 2x2 or 2x4 fixtures? Yes.I realized I used different fixtures than NCARB solution, so just want to confirm. Use whatever best fits the room.
- Is there any rule of thumb for how far the diffusers and return-grilles should be from the wall? Some of mine are very close to the wall. Do not touch the wall.
- The rigid duct that connects to the return riser - is it basically supposed to come through the wall into any of the ceilings? Do you know what a plenum return is?

Reception is over lit.
Rotate 2x4 lights in the architect's office for more uniform coverage.
Return grills not supported on 3 sides by the grid will fall out. Problem in every room.
Ducts may be placed above lights. No need to route around them.
Waaaaaaaay too many accent lights.
Sparky83

Re: NCARB Vignette - First attempt

Postby kajmera » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Sparky! I guess I have some researching to do. I will review all the comments and post a second attempt next week.

Sparky83 wrote:
kajmera wrote:Hi, this is my first attempt at the NCARB vignette. I have some questions:
- since the vignette says to use "recessed fluorescent fixtures", does it matter whether I use 2x2 or 2x4 fixtures? Yes.I realized I used different fixtures than NCARB solution, so just want to confirm. Use whatever best fits the room.
- Is there any rule of thumb for how far the diffusers and return-grilles should be from the wall? Some of mine are very close to the wall. Do not touch the wall.
- The rigid duct that connects to the return riser - is it basically supposed to come through the wall into any of the ceilings? Do you know what a plenum return is?

Reception is over lit.
Rotate 2x4 lights in the architect's office for more uniform coverage.
Return grills not supported on 3 sides by the grid will fall out. Problem in every room.
Ducts may be placed above lights. No need to route around them.
Waaaaaaaay too many accent lights.
kajmera

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS