1st Attempt Vignette

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

1st Attempt Vignette

Postby lkent » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi All this is my first attempt at the vignette. I made sure to not have any small slivers of ceiling tiles, but that doesn't seem to be a big concern looking over responses here? If that is true, I'd forgo that and make sure the lights are fully centered. Otherwise just looking for general comments and tips. Testing next Monday! Thanks for any and all feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lkent

Re: 1st Attempt Vignette

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 am

lkent wrote:Hi All this is my first attempt at the vignette. I made sure to not have any small slivers of ceiling tiles, but that doesn't seem to be a big concern looking over responses here? It's an ME vignette, not a pretty ceiling tile vignette. If that is true, I'd forgo that and make sure the lights are fully centered. Otherwise just looking for general comments and tips. Testing next Monday! Thanks for any and all feedback!

Incorrect spacing for all 2x4 lights.
Rigid ducts can branch. Adding an extra damper wastes $$$.
Poor separation between supply & return in the supply closet. Min 4' is recommended.
Ceiling elements should be supported on 3 sides by the grid. See supply closet, file room, studio and conference room.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio. That's a mess.
ALWAYS center the lights.
Sparky83

Postby lkent » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hi Sparky83, thanks for the feedback. The Kaplan study guide makes a big deal about the ceiling tile sizes at edges of the room for some reason. I was looking to see if that isn't really a concern and it sounds like it based on your comment. I misread the lighting diagram for the 2x4 lights. If I'm reading it correctly now, the sides of the 2x4 should be 6ft apart and the ends 4ft apart from other fixtures. Is that correct?
lkent

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 am

lkent wrote:Hi Sparky83, thanks for the feedback. The Kaplan study guide makes a big deal about the ceiling tile sizes at edges of the room for some reason. I was looking to see if that isn't really a concern and it sounds like it based on your comment. Avoid Kraplan for all vignettes. They are full of mistakes. I misread the lighting diagram for the 2x4 lights. If I'm reading it correctly now, the sides of the 2x4 should be 6ft apart and the ends 4ft apart from other fixtures. Is that correct? Yes.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS