BS Vignette Attempt #1

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS Vignette Attempt #1

Postby jswasey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Please take a look at my first attempt at the BS vignette. This was a confusing one, as there is a lot of stuff happening all in one plan. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

BS Vignette Attempt #1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jswasey

Re: BS Vignette Attempt #1

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Incorrect spacing for all 2x4 lights. Both lighting charts must be used for 2x4 lights.
Incorrect 2x2 light spacing in the supply closet, and they should have 3 sides on the grid.
Poor separation between supply & return in the architect's office. Min 4' is recommended.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio. Think symmetry.
Need to see sketch circles to evaluate accent lights.
Sparky83

Postby jswasey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 am

Sparky83, I appreciate the comments.

-For the 2x4 lights I used an 8'-0" radius sketch circle to hep with placement and proximity to each other. Does that dimension circle accurately measure the light plume desired for 50 ft candles?
-Supply closet: seemed like (2) 2x4 lights would work for that space. Is it that the lights are too close to each other?
-Supply and return separation - definitely missed that one, thanks for the reminder.
-Would the symmetry of the HVAC layout in the drafting studio affect the final scoring of the vignette? I agree symmetry is better, but I am just curious.
-Accent lights: I used a 4'-6" radius sketch circle to set the light plume, if that helps
jswasey

Postby Sparky83 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 pm

jswasey wrote:Sparky83, I appreciate the comments.

-For the 2x4 lights I used an 8'-0" radius sketch circle to hep with placement and proximity to each other. Does that dimension circle accurately measure the light plume desired for 50 ft candles? No. Light is rectangular, not circular.
-Supply closet: seemed like (2) 2x4 lights would work for that space. Is it that the lights are too close to each other? That's what incorrect spacing means.
-Supply and return separation - definitely missed that one, thanks for the reminder.
-Would the symmetry of the HVAC layout in the drafting studio affect the final scoring of the vignette? I agree symmetry is better, but I am just curious. Not worth the risk. Uniformity is required.
-Accent lights: I used a 4'-6" radius sketch circle to set the light plume, if that helps
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS