4.0 Vignette: 1st Try - Feedback Appreciated.

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

4.0 Vignette: 1st Try - Feedback Appreciated.

Postby KenArquitech » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:06 am

Hi there,

First try, but I've done some research on this site as well as other resources so I feel like it is not horrendous. I do have a few questions, but any feedback is very helpful and much appreciated.

1) ACCENT LIGHTING - Is my current layout sufficient for west wall lighting? I read that a rule of thumb is to have the intersection of the 2'-0" spacing intersect at the wall (obviously some do not exactly intersect due to grid snap).

2) DIFFUSERS & SUPPLIERS - How is the overall spacing? I read that you should space your diffusers/suppliers 4'-0" apart. My methodology is to find the square footage of a room and if it breaches 144 ft² I provide another set of diffuser/supplier. Of course, if the square footage is 160 ft², for example, one pair of diffuser/supplier may suffice, correct?

3) FIRE DAMPER PLACEMENT - How specific does this need to be? Outside, Inside, or within the wall?

4) RIGID DUCT: I assume the rigid duct needs to penetrate the supply riser and return riser, correct?

Again, thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KenArquitech

Re: 4.0 Vignette: 1st Try - Feedback Appreciated.

Postby tallow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:37 am

Missing return air grille in Closet.
The short run of rigid duct in the Drafting Studio seems unnecessary ... looks like flex duct off the other ductwork could hit those diffusers (appear to be within 10'-0").
tallow

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS