BS vignette, first try

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS vignette, first try

Postby LKB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.41.57 PM copy.jpg
I'd appreciate any feedback on this layout! A few general questions:

How close can you get the rigid duct to the joists?
How much separation is required between a supply diffuser and a return grille?
Is it preferable to have a symmetrical lighting layout or to avoid a sliver by shifting the lighting layout to one side or another?
The convention seems to be that rigid ducts extend beyond the last flexible duct. How much should they extend?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LKB

Re: BS vignette, first try

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:07 am

LKB wrote:
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.41.57 PM copy.jpg
I'd appreciate any feedback on this layout! A few general questions:

How close can you get the rigid duct to the joists? Not an issue.
How much separation is required between a supply diffuser and a return grille? Min 4'. The farther apart the more efficient the air exchange.
Is it preferable to have a symmetrical lighting layout or to avoid a sliver by shifting the lighting layout to one side or another? This is an ME vignette, not a pretty ceiling tile vignette.
The convention seems to be that rigid ducts extend beyond the last flexible duct. How much should they extend? There is no convention. Not an issue.

Incorrect 2x4 light spacing in the file room.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio. Keep it symmetrical.
Incorrect light spacing in the conference room.
Missing diffuser in the conference room.
Extra return grille in the file room.
All of the rigid duct over the supply closet could be eliminated by exiting the riser shaft to the east and attaching to your north/south rigid duct along the west side of the studio.
Sparky83

Re: BS vignette, first try

Postby LKB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback--extremely helpful! Regarding the light spacing in the File Room and Conference Room: I thought it was okay to overlight the middle and go for the most even distribution of lights throughout the space where the room dimensions dictate overlighting. Would you instead recommend typical spacing and pushing the fixtures closer to the wall? Is there a minimum distance that the fixtures should be located from the wall?
LKB

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS