Unprofessional Test Proctor

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Unprofessional Test Proctor

Postby donatello » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:37 pm

I had a bad experience taking the buildings systems test in the state of New Jersey today. I finished the first part of the multiple choice portion of the test ,which was not a walk in the park at all, and took my schedule 15 minute break.

I signed out with the proctor and took a quick 2 minute toilet break. I came back and the proctor who signed me out originally was busy signing in a new person. meanwhile my schedule break time was ticking. Another Proctor came over to the original proctors desk and did the full procedure of signing me back in into the test are in the presences of the other proctors.

I walked back to my computer desk and 20 minutes into my test the original proctor came over to my desk and ushered me out of room like I did something wrong. She stated that I never signed back in but I told her that her colleague had signed me back in. I told her to check her book but she just asked her colleague first and upon her acknowledgement she checked afterwards and found that I was indeed checked in.

I yelled at her saying that she wasted 3minutes of my test time. I ran back in to complete my vignette portion of my test. Even though I was able to finish I didn't have enough time to check my work. she was apologizing for not check first but that is water under the bridge. Reckless.

I was furious. The only thing the manager stated was they will send a report to NCARB stating they they mistakenly pulled out of my timed test.
1. How do I know that they will send that report. They stated they can't give a report but I can ask Ncarb for a copy.
2. Even if they do how will Ncarb compensate me for lost time.

I couldn't believe the proctors negligence and unprofessionalism. I am so :oops:

What is the proper recourse for this?
donatello

Re: Unprofessional Test Proctor

Postby Coach » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Write ncarb and prometric.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Unprofessional Test Proctor

Postby donatello » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes, I wrote bought agencies this morning. NCARB said they will follow through.
donatello

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS