NCARB Vignette 1st Try, Please review

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette 1st Try, Please review

Postby Joseluis778 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Hello all, this is my 1st attempt at the vignette. The lights spacing and the rigid duct layout is what I don't feel too confident about right now. Is this a pass or did I fail miserably... comments are greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joseluis778

Re: NCARB Vignette 1st Try, Please review

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:39 am

Lighting not uniform in reception, file room or architect's office. NEVER mix 2x2 and 2x4 lights in a room.
Incorrect light spacing in the conference room.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio.
DO NOT bend the rigid duct inside the riser shaft. This accomplishes nothing and is very difficult to construct.
No HVAC provided in the supply closet.
Poor separation between supply & return in the conference room. Min 4' is recommended.
Sparky83

Re: NCARB Vignette 1st Try, Please review

Postby Joseluis778 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Sparky83 wrote:Lighting not uniform in reception, file room or architect's office. NEVER mix 2x2 and 2x4 lights in a room.
Incorrect light spacing in the conference room.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio.
DO NOT bend the rigid duct inside the riser shaft. This accomplishes nothing and is very difficult to construct.
No HVAC provided in the supply closet.
Poor separation between supply & return in the conference room. Min 4' is recommended.

Thank you Sparky! Here's a second attempt. Is it okay to come out of the Riser Shaft that far out into the Drafting Studio or should I keep it closer to the shaft wall? Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joseluis778

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS