Vignette practice - please comment

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette practice - please comment

Postby GREMMELS » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:14 pm

1st attempt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GREMMELS

Re: Vignette practice - please comment

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 am

All 2x4 lights are incorrectly spaced.
Missing accent lights.
Rigid ducts can branch. Adding an extra damper wastes $$$.
Incorrect/inconsistent light spacing in the conference room.
Uneven HVAC layout in the studio.
Return grille in the supply closet will fall out.
Rigid duct layout does not provide for flexibility in diffuser locations as specified in the program. With a max 10' flex duct, there is a large area that cannot be reached.
Sparky83

Postby GREMMELS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:24 am

Does ncarb prioritize light to light spacing over wall to light spacing?

long response: Regarding the first comment on the 2x4 lights. If I space the long dimension of the lights 6' apart which is what the diagram shows, then I end up with the lights 1'-6" from the wall instead of 2'-6 from the wall that is achieved with the 4' spacing I was showing previously. I guess my thought was that the 4' spacing was better for even light distribution because a distance of 2'-6" from the wall is sufficient for a fixture that can cast light 3'. Whereas with 6' spacing you are at the absolute max between lights and along the walls you are starting to get to close to the min. at 1'-6". That was just my logic though not ncarb. Ncarb just calls for even light distribution so I'm not sure how to prioritize light to light spacing vs wall to light spacing.
GREMMELS

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 am

GREMMELS wrote:Does ncarb prioritize light to light spacing over wall to light spacing?

long response: Regarding the first comment on the 2x4 lights. If I space the long dimension of the lights 6' apart which is what the diagram shows, then I end up with the lights 1'-6" from the wall instead of 2'-6 from the wall that is achieved with the 4' spacing I was showing previously. I guess my thought was that the 4' spacing was better for even light distribution because a distance of 2'-6" from the wall is sufficient for a fixture that can cast light 3'. Whereas with 6' spacing you are at the absolute max between lights and along the walls you are starting to get to close to the min. at 1'-6". That was just my logic though not ncarb. Ncarb just calls for even light distribution so I'm not sure how to prioritize light to light spacing vs wall to light spacing.

Slightly over lit is better than severely under lit.
Slightly under lit is better than severely over lit.
;)
It will never be perfect. Get as close as you can to the required lighting level and ALWAYS use light spacing per the lighting diagrams.
Sparky83

Postby GREMMELS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Here is try #2.
I have the accent sketch circles spaced so that there are no gaps between the circles along the wall. The only problem with this is that portions of the wall are being light with closer to 100fc as opposed to 80fc. Is it better to over light the wall the way I currently have it shown?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GREMMELS

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS