BS Vignette-Question & Review Please!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS Vignette-Question & Review Please!

Postby archiegirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 am

Hi, I have posted my first BS vignette attempt below, I would really appreciate any comments!

QUESTION- can the rigid duct be shown the way i have it below, where every turn the duct is meeting up exactly in the corner? or should the two pass each other so that there is extra "click" of duct running past the intersection? I am not sure if the grading computer need the extra "click" to realize there is a connection or not

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
archiegirl

Re: BS Vignette-Question & Review Please!

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 am

archiegirl wrote:Hi, I have posted my first BS vignette attempt below, I would really appreciate any comments!

QUESTION- can the rigid duct be shown the way i have it below, where every turn the duct is meeting up exactly in the corner? or should the two pass each other so that there is extra "click" of duct running past the intersection? I am not sure if the grading computer need the extra "click" to realize there is a connection or not The "extra click" is not necessary.

Thank you!

No need to waste rigid duct after the last flex.
Good, simple, efficient solution.
Sparky83

Postby archiegirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 am

Thank you Sparky83!

I had one other question, maybe you can answer!
If a steel beam separates rooms (ie the mechanical area from the rest of the rooms) as shown below in the alternate problem....can you have a rigid duct placed going through/perpendicular to the steel beam??
In the example below, both rigid AND flex ducts are shown crossing through the steel beam. WOULD THIS BE ALLOWED ON THE REAL VIGNETTE? or would this be a reason to fail?
Thanks so much for any feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
archiegirl

Postby Coach » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm

archiegirl wrote:If a steel beam separates rooms (ie the mechanical area from the rest of the rooms) as shown below in the alternate problem....can you have a rigid duct placed going through/perpendicular to the steel beam??

It's not going through, it's going under.
Program addresses this.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby archiegirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Thank you Coach!!
archiegirl

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Leaving lights "floating" outside the solution is not a good idea.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS