I need advice... please comment

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

I need advice... please comment

Postby mlstav08 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:49 am

Has anyone tried to challenge a Failed test and what are the odds that your outcome will change?

Here is my dilemma, so any comments are appreciated!

I am currently in 4.0 and have one test left, Building Systems. The first time I took the test was on March 20,2017 and I passed everything but Electrical and my second try was on May 22,2017 and I passed everything but HVAC. After both fails, I decided to enroll in the Amber course for my last attempt. I studied for 3 weeks straight and probably the hardest I've ever studied on any of the ARE exams. I felt pretty good after the exam but unfortunately I failed 3 sections (Plumbing, Lighting and HVAC). This just doesn't make any sense to me and now I have to wait until March 20,2018 to retake this test. I am going to challenge this failed test in hopes of an NCARB error and wanted to get any advice from someone that has gone through this process. If they come back and verify that it is a fail, I can either wait until March 20,2018 to retake it or switch to 5.0 and take two exams (Project Planning & Design and Project Development and Documentation) next month. Is anyone in this same situation or does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
mlstav08

Re: I need advice... please comment

Postby seriously » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi there, sorry to hear your trouble with BS. For me it was PPP. I thought about review and challenge the score after getting a second fail. But you have to check first whether your state allows it. I am in California and it is not even an option to appeal or challenge the result. So check first whether it is an option.
seriously

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Don't waste your money, and as mentioned, many states will not accept the score.

Plus, successfully challenging MC is virtually impossible.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby SK601 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Ahhhh I totally feel your pain. I am in the same boat except that I have a third attempt left for this year. grrrr The first time I took BS was in March this year and I retook in July and I still failed it. I studied like a maniac for a month for the second time around and I failed in different sections from the first one. Anyway, it took me a while to recover from a failing devastation and I decided to save my last attempt until early next year, hoping to pass next round. I still have SS to take in the meantime and I do not want to go for 5.0 either, so I just have to stick to my momentum and keep pushing until I pass them all before next summer. Stay strong until you will be done with your exams! The time will come eventually.
SK601

Postby PatronOfDeadArt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:25 am

So challenging is ill advised (but if you do, maybe you can challenge one of the tests where you only failed one section).

If you are feeling impatient check out 5.0, but the two tests you will need to take are massive and long, but hopefully you already know the material from your previous exams and work experience....now can I have my parking spot back?
PatronOfDeadArt

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS