BS Vignette Attempt 1

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS Vignette Attempt 1

Postby This.Is.Life » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am

Hey guys. Any feedback on this solution?
Questions:
1. I have some return grills that are within 12" of the wall. I see on the forum that this is not acceptable, but I don't see that in the program. Thoughts?
2. Is it OK to have the diffuser under the rigid duct (see Architect's Office)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This.Is.Life

Re: BS Vignette Attempt 1

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 am

This.Is.Life wrote:Hey guys. Any feedback on this solution?
Questions:
1. I have some return grills that are within 12" of the wall. I see on the forum that this is not acceptable, but I don't see that in the program. Thoughts? Minor issue at most.
2. Is it OK to have the diffuser under the rigid duct (see Architect's Office)? Yes.

Incorrect spacing for all 2x4 lights. It is extremely unlikely that you will be able to solve the vignette with only one light type.
Connect flex to the center of diffusers, not the edge.
DO NOT bend the rigid duct inside the riser shaft. This is very difficult to construct and accomplishes nothing.
Sparky83

Re: BS Vignette Attempt 1

Postby This.Is.Life » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 am

Sparky83 wrote:
This.Is.Life wrote:Hey guys. Any feedback on this solution?
Questions:
1. I have some return grills that are within 12" of the wall. I see on the forum that this is not acceptable, but I don't see that in the program. Thoughts? Minor issue at most.
2. Is it OK to have the diffuser under the rigid duct (see Architect's Office)? Yes.

Incorrect spacing for all 2x4 lights. It is extremely unlikely that you will be able to solve the vignette with only one light type.
Connect flex to the center of diffusers, not the edge.
DO NOT bend the rigid duct inside the riser shaft. This is very difficult to construct and accomplishes nothing.

Thanks for the feedback. I see what I did wrong now on the spacing. From my understanding on the lighting charts, 50 fc is measured up to 2' from the short side (4' between lights) and 3' on the long side (6' between lights). I only had 4' separation on the long side, so this is the problem correct?
This.Is.Life

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS